Privateer 2 Unofficial Patch is a mod for Privateer 2: The Darkening created by AD.
This patch will update your gamefiles to a Windows version with a number of bugfixes and minor enhancements, not the least of which include removing the interlacing from the FMV.
This patch can be used on either the GOG version of the game or the original DOS and Windows versions. If, however, you are running either regular DOS Privateer 2 or the Deluxe Windows version and not the GOG version, we strongly recommend copying all 3 CDs to the hard drive, as this is what darkfix.exe is expecting, and the patch wasn't tested for running the game from the CDs.
- Random crashes which froze the game were solved.
- Mouse issues were fixed: the mouse tended to become unresponsive in
- some situations.
- More stable digital sound (fixes some sound crackling issues that
- occured often)
- Deinterlace patch: no horizontal black lines, which is a bit more
- friendly towards modern displays
- Speed stabilization: the game plays at acceptable speeds, without
- slowdowns when near a planet or ship. The gameflow parts (rooms, PAD, and so on) are also slowed down by the current patch.
- No-cd patch. (Requires copying all CDs to your Dark directory)
- Last update: Monday, November 16, 2015
- Genre: Simulation
- File size: 467.7 KB
Report problems with download to [email protected]