Deadly Deadfire - Difficulty Mod is a mod for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, crearted by CarrO.
Description (in authorís own words):
More challenge for experienced cRPG players while staying lore-friendly and realistic.
Best played on Path of the Damned or Veteran difficulty.
WHAT DOES IT DO:
1. Level Scaling
- In vanilla enemies only scale upwards a maximum of 4 levels. If you are level 15 and find a level 5 enemy, he would be scaled up to level 9 but not any further.
- This mod increases the scaling limit to 9. That enemy would now scale up to 14. (not quite this simple with location levels etc but you get the idea)
2. Named Enemies
- Important Named Enemies will now scale an additional 2 levels higher than a normal enemy. If you find a level 8 named boss at level 10, he will now scale up to level 12, in an effort to keep even previously-missed lower level boss fights challenging. (again location levels matter too but this is the idea)
3. Increased HP
- Enemy health has been increased by around 20-30% on a creature by creature basis. This is an attempt to stop a single empowered spell from halving the opponents right at the start of combat.
4. Reduced XP
- Experience from quests and combat has been reduced by 28%. This is not really noticeable at the start but it will help with the over-levelling issue in the lategame.
HOW TO INSTALL:
Go to the Pillars of Eternity 2 folder (Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\)
Look for or create an "override" folder in Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\
Unzip the mod inside the "override" folder.
The path to the mod files should look like this: /PillarsOfEternity2_Data/override/DeadlyDeadfireModX.X/gamedata/
Launch the game.
The mod should work on existing savefiles, but only for areas not yet visited.
A new game is recommended.
Report problems with download to firstname.lastname@example.org