Choose your job
Remote work offer Freelancer Writer
We are looking for an experienced freelancer - your task will be to write articles about video games and the situation on the market, which includes reviews and previews, as well as reports from trade fairs and major industry events.
First thing - if:
- If you're well familiar with the gaming world;
- you have a great command of English;
- you're experienced and have worked for at least 2 gaming outlets;
- you have established contacts with publishers, developers, or PR;
- you are a citizen of the USA (preferably West Coast);
- you want to be a reporter at major gaming events in the US and hang out at the E3;
- you want to work as a freelancer for a fast-growing website;
- and influence its development and strategy,
...then we've got an offer:
- attractive payment for texts;
- various bonuses and additional payments during business trips;
- delegations - active participation in game expositions and behind-closed-doors events.
Why is it worth it?
We're recognizable across the Internet, famous for our video game guides; your task, however, will be to let everyone know a new player has entered the fray. Working as a freelancer will allow you to do what you love - write about video games, meet the people that make the industry, attend private presentations of games, and review the biggest hits. If the cooperation is fruitful (and we believe it will be) we'll be more than happy to renegotiate the conditions and expand our collaboration.
What will your first days look like:
- after a positive review of your application, we will start drawing plans to conquer the world together;
- during the first month, we will expect at least 3 texts covering current, gaming-related issues, the choice of which will be within your discretion.
What happens later?
- You will participate in brainstorming and drawing up a strategy for the coming months;
- you will be expected to deliver 5-7 texts a month, covering topics relevant to North American readers;
- you will visit expositions and various gaming shows held in the United States;
- remember - part of the job requires rubbing shoulders and casually drinking cocktails with strangers.
Editorials Department Perks
- Each member of the editorial team has a real influence on our operations. We are open to new ideas, we do not "know better."
- The largest collection of absolute nerds, each of whom has a different passion. Even if you are a fan of submarine simulators, you will find someone who shares your interests.
- International trips to new game shows, industry events and the largest fairs of electronic entertainment. We travel around Europe and North America.
- The ability to test the most important games before the premiere.
- To Expand knowledge about how the electronic entertainment industry works. Our employees also have a great deal of knowledge about games – most of the staff are game lovers, and some of them have been playing for decades.
- With us, you will have first-hand experience of what it's like to run a large website – you will learn about SEO issues, social networks, management systems, etc.
Home office benefits
Outside, but inside
- 100% remote work
- Constant connectivity with authors and editors via Slack
- Ability to meet video game passionates
- Work with people who's answer to "What have you been doing this weekend?" is, invariably, "Playing games!"
- Integrational meetings
- Have a say in the development of the website – we appreciate creativity and own ideas. Help us conquer the world!
- Legal, contract work.
- Timely payments.
- Elastic worktime.
For those eager
- Trips to gaming events; travel the world with us! We visit dev teams, talk to publishers, attend gaming conferences and other events
- Access to new games for free
Conditions of application:
In order for your application to be valid, please make sure you've prepared:
- an up-to-date Resume with a photograph attached;
- a cover letter;
- a list of your publications in existing media, complete with links;
- please also make sure you've attached the following provision on processing of data for recruitment purposes (in accordance with EU regulations).
If you're interested, send your request to the following email address:
Regulation on personal data processing:
I consent to the processing of my personal data by GRY-Online S. A., for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes conducted by GRY-Online S. A. in accordance with the provisions of the law on personal data protection. I acknowledge that the administrator of the data is GRY-Online S. A., that the provision of any personal data is voluntary, and that I am aware of the right to access my data, correct them, and demand their deletion.
In accordance with art. 13 paragraphs 1 and 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as well as the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as the Data Protection Directive) in connection with the intention to obtain your personal data for employment purposes, we hereby inform you that:
1) the Administrator of your personal data is GRY-OnLine, S. A. headquartered in Krakow, 16A Gabrieli Zapolskiej street, 30-126 Krakow.
2) You can contact the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection via the e-mail [email protected]
3) your personal data will be processed for the purposes of current recruitment, as well as for the needs of future recruitment conducted by the Administrator over the next 12 months. If, as a result of the recruitment conducted during this period, your candidacy will not be accepted (concluded with a lawful contract), your data will be deleted.
4) Processing of your personal data is carried out on the basis of Article 6, paragraph 1, item a, of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC - in short, this means that we're able to process your personal data only if given your expressive consent.
5) the recipient of your personal information will also include the postal operators in case of sending your written correspondence related to recruitment via traditional mail.
6) Your personal data will not be moved to any third countries or international organizations.
7) you have an unlimited right to require the administrator to grant you access to your personal data, the right to correct, delete, and restrict the processing thereof, as well as to transfer personal data, and the right to object its processing. Also, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time, which, of course, does not affect to any extent the data processed for the purposes of recruitment before the withdrawal.
8) If you ever discover or otherwise surmise that the processing of your personal data violates the rules of the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to submit a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
9) Submitting of personal data by you is the result of your express consent to the processing of personal data and is not a law, nor a contractual requirement, and therefore rejecting to submit your personal data does not entail any consequences for you, save for the inability to include you in the recruitment process.
10) your personal data will not be processed automatically, including in the form of profiling.