Ubisoft is not spoiling fans of Heroes. The latest, seventh, installment of the series was released in 2015, and it doesn't look like we're going to get another one anytime soon.. However, the gap is successfully filled by fans. The most recent example of this is the new version of the mod called Heroes 5.5 for Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East.
The new version is labeled RC16b and we have been waiting a long time for it. For the past two years, the developers have regularly released new test versions, but their problem was that these did not support campaigns. So those who wanted to play them had to stay with the RC13 version from early 2020. Now this has finally changed and the mod supports campaigns again.
- Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 - download the mod
Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 - why this mod is so cool
The mod was conceived as an unofficial add-on. It introduces a ton of changes and improvements.
- Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 expands the adventure map with additional areas. Dungeons and vaults have become full-fledged locations with large battlefields, gradually growing armies and new challenges.
- The mod also introduces an advanced system that randomly generates new maps and fills them with challenges. Worlds created this way can be used both in solo and multiplayer games.
- The ability to delegate heroes to manage cities has been added, enabling them to accumulate additional experience points.
- The project enriches the game with 34 new artifacts and expands the class, skill and spell systems, adding new elements and rebalancing existing ones.
- The creators also improved the engine, improving its optimization and enabling it to use 64-bit processors.
- The developers also introduced a lot of higher-resolution textures and improved AI.