Report problems with download to [email protected]
Morrowind Graphics Extender XE is a mod for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, created by Hrnchamd.
Morrowind Graphics Extender XE; allows Morrowind to render distant views, scenery shadows, high quality shaders, UI scaling and other features.
You must have Morrowind GOTY or Bloodmoon fully patched. As well as Code Patch.
Requires a good performance SM3.0 or better graphics card, integrated graphics like Intel HD series is unlikely to work.
1. Update to DirectX 9.0c June 2010. (This is a required update for all Windows, and won't conflict with DX10+.)
2. If you've just installed Morrowind, run Morrowind to the title screen once, to generate Morrowind's first time settings.
3. Downoad MGE XE extract the archive and run the instalator
4. If you use Steam, you should turn off the Steam overlay (in Steam, right click Morrowind > Properties). If you use Crossfire/SLI, turn off "Responsive menu caching" in the In-game tab, to avoid performance reductions, as this feature is SLI unfriendly.
5. There is an optional mod, 'XE Sky Variations', that will randomize the sky colour and sunrise/sunset every day. It requires high quality sky scattering enabled, and MWSE enabled.
- Last update: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Genre: RPG
- File size: 34.7 MB