IN A NUTSHELL
- Daniel Ahmad, a famous insider, claims that a mobile version of Age of Empires is in the works.
- The production is called Return to Empire and is created by TiMi Studio Group, which belongs to the Chinese giant Tencent.
- So far, the game is supposed to release on the Chinese market, it's not known if and when it will debut in the West.
The Age of Empires series is back after a long absence. The older games are getting updated, and, in October, we will get the fourth installment of the series. It's no wonder then that Daniel Ahmad, a well-known game insider, reports about the works on a mobile game belonging to this famous series. The game is created by TiMi Studio Group, which belongs to the Chinese giant Tencent.
Xbox Game Studios and TiMi Studio Group confirmed their cooperation in May this year. It should be noted that the company has a lot of experience in making mobile games - they worked on such titles as Pokemon Unite or Call of Duty: Mobile. World's Edge, a studio created to supervise the development of the Age of Empires series, will help in the works on Return to Empire.
The game will be launched in China - there are no plans for other countries. We can only guess that if the production will achieve satisfactory results, it will be released in the West. Fans of the franchise will certainly be pleased with the fact that Return to Empire is to remain faithful to its RTS roots. According to Daniel Ahmad, we can expect a gameplay demo today.
- Age of Empires - official site
- Xbox Game Studios - official website
- TiMi Studio Group - official website