This next September, the space roguelike FTL: Faster Than Light will celebrate its twelfth birthday. If you've long forgotten about this classic, it's worth picking it back up, as a new version of the great modification FTL: Multiverse has just been released.
- FTL: Multiverse - download the mod from our FTP (the authors have given us permission to host the mirror).
We waited a long time for the update - the previous version of the mod debuted in February last year. The project serves as an unofficial expansion pack, which greatly expands the content of the game. FTL: Multiverse includes:
- more than 200 new playable ships and 800 previously unknown enemy units;
- hundreds of new weapon types and drones, as well as an expanded list of upgrades;
- a heavily increased variety of ship crews, including subordinates with unique abilities and special traits;
- improved gameplay balance and enhanced user interface;
- heavilu expanded storyline - the story has been greatly expanded with new characters and events. There are also additional quest lines with unique routes and endings.
What’s new in 5.4?
The new version of the mod is numbered 5.4, and it enhances Orchids alien faction - both in terms of units and story background. It also added Confederation sectors with unique events to the map, as well as introduced more than 110 events to the already available galaxy regions. In addition, the installation method has been changed for the better. You no longer have to do it manually, which required installing other projects before. Now we get a simple installer that will do it all for us.
FTL: Faster Than Light debuted in 2012 on PC, and two years later the game was ported to PC. The studio responsible for the game, Subset Games, is currently working on several prototypes for new projects, but the authors have confirmed that they have no plans to return to FTL. That's why mods like Multiverse are valuable, as they represent the only opportunity to play something new within this universe.