The following guide to Regiments is a collection of tips and tricks that will help you lead your troops more effectively in the battles set during the Cold War. In this guide, you will find unit statistics and descriptions of unit types with hints on how to use them efficiently. Moreover, we list the game modes and advise you on how to easily start your adventure with Regiments. Finally, we supply information regarding the technical aspects of the title, such as system requirements and controls.
- Regiments: Guide contents
- Regiments: Quick beginner's quide
- Regiments: Basics
- Regiments: FAQ
- Regiments: Minimum PC hardware requirements
- Regiments: Language versions
Regiments: Guide contents
Our guide begins with a section on basics, where you'll find descriptions of mechanics present in the game, as well as (treated separately) a list of starting tips. A chapter on unit types will help you use various units effectively. Learn how this game mode works on the Skirmish page.
In the FAQ section you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions, including how to change the game speed.
The guide ends with the appendix section, where you will find all information on the technical aspects of Regiments. We describe the controls, accessibility features, as well as the language versions in which the game is available, as well as the minimum and recommended hardware requirements.
Regiments: Quick beginner's quide
- Master the Keyboard Shortcuts - quick decision making in Regiments is very important, so it is worth mastering the keyboard shortcuts as much as possible. Although all commands for units are available from the game interface, clicking on individual windows may be an unnecessary waste of time.
- Complete the tutorials - Regiments offers 3 tutorials that you can start from the main menu. Complete them before starting the actual game, as they describe the basic mechanics and prepare you for real battles. Remember, however, that the tutorials only cover the basics.
- Use the line of sight tool - this option is very useful because thanks to it you can find out what field of view a given unit has and at what distance it will be able to attack. This will help you plan your actions and place your units appropriately in such a way as to be the first to strike. The keyboard shortcut for the tool is C.
- Use recon units - before sending combat troops, it's always a good idea to do some research in the field to get to know enemy positions. This is made possible with the help of reconnaissance units that will scout the area and inform you of any enemies. Remember to activate Hold Fire command, so you won't betray your position.
- Use Tactical Support - during the game you will generate tactical support points, which you can spend to summon special assistance in the form of air raids, napalm drops or smoke screens. Keep an eye on the number of points available and use this feature whenever the opportunity arises.
You can find more tips on the following page: Beginner's Guide.
In this part of the guide, we have described the basic mechanisms of Regiments. You will learn about the types of units and their characteristics and what game modes you can choose from.
- Squad statistics - on this page you will find information about the statistics of squads and what is affected by experience points.
- Unit types - here you will find a list of all types of units along with their designations.
- Skirmish - here we have included information on how to start a Skirmish and what options and game modes are available.
In this part of the guide, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions, including how to change the speed of the game and how to effectively use tactical support.
- How to change game speed? - here you will learn how to speed up, slow down or pause the game.
Regiments: Minimum PC hardware requirements
- Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
- Processor: Quad Core Intel / AMD CPU
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
- Disk space: 15 GB
More information on the minimum and recommended hardware requirements can be found on the System Requirements page.
Regiments: Language versions
Regiments offers 10 language versions, but only in the form of subtitles. The list of available languages can be found on the Language versions page of the guide.
About Regiments Guide
Author : Krzysztof "Kris" Lewandowski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Regiments Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Bird's Eye Games
- publisher: MicroProse
- platform: PC