Brutal Doom 64 is a mod for Doom II, created by Sergeant_Mark_IV.
Doom 64 is a not so well known port of Doom for the Nintendo 64. Unlike the ports for other consoles, it's not exactly a port, but a completely new game, featuring completely new levels, textures, sprites, enemies, and a new plot that takes place right after the events of Doom 2, and it's plot strongly suggests to be the prequel to "Doom 2016" as it be considered a reasonable explanation of how the Doom Marine stayed in Hell and became known as the "Doom Slayer".
The goal of this project is not to make a 1:1 port of Doom 64 for PC, but to enhance it in every possible way, bringing the satisfying gore and gunplay of Brutal Doom, new sounds and special effects that greatly enhances the oppressive atmosphere of D64, and attempting to include all the content cut from the original game due the cartridge space of the N64.
What it includes:
- All weapons revamped to feature new sounds, animations, and have greater feedback.
- Several stuff that were removed from the final game, such as Revenants, Masterminds, a weapon that was shown in an old magazine featuring an interview with the D64 devs that never got added into the final game, and an enemy called Hellhound which was also cut due the N64's cartridge space.
- New gore featuring dismemberments, gibs, new blood splashes, blood decals on the walls, floor, and ceiling.
- Brightmaps (such as monsters eyes glowing in the dark).
- Multiplayer support through the Zandronum sourceport ( up to 64 players, either Co-Op, Survival Co-Op, and Deathmatch).
- Revamped levels featuring new decorations, lightning system, fog, light shafts, etc. Techbase levels were optimised to have better navigation, new ambient sounds, more security cameras to remove the need of "switch hunting", and having some parts of the levels remade to look like a more plausible place. The Hell levels were also upgraded with new ambient sounds, and more disturbing imagery.
- Option to play with the Brutal Doom 64 weapons and enemies on regular Doom 2 levels, or with custom maps. Or play the Brutal Dooom 64 levels with other gameplay mods.
1 - Unzip the content.
2 - Place a doom2.wad file in the main folder. It doesn't matters if you got the file from Steam, Gog.com, whatever,
any official version of the doom2.wad file will work. Final Doom iwads (tnt.wad and plutonia.wad) will also work.
3 - Use "bd64 zandronum.exe" to play. You can make a shortcut of it on your desktop.
Report problems with download to [email protected]