Long War 2 is a significant overhaul of XCOM 2 aimed at giving players the feel of running a worldwide guerrilla war against ADVENT and offering them a greater variety of strategic and tactical experiences.
Many of the mod's new mechanics are described ingame in the XCOM archives. Players are strongly encouraged to read those entries immediately after finishing Gatecrasher.
1) A much longer campaign, running for 100 to 120 missions on average
2) Infiltration mechanics that require you to send out multiple squads at once
3) Manage resistance Havens and have resistance members scrounge for supplies, gather intelligence or recruit more people to your cause
4) Nine soldier classes: Sharpshooter, Shinobi, Ranger, Assault, Gunner, Grenadier, Specialist, Technical and Psionic (plus Sparks for DLC owners), each with unique secondary weapons
5) Two new weapon tiers, lasers and coilguns
6) Dozens of new enemies and smarter battlefield AI
7) ADVENT strategic AI that tries to counter your movespodczas potyczek.
To install extract the archive intio „… C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods” and activate in menu..
If you are have problems with the mod, you should first exit the game and REGENERATE YOUR INI files by deleting all files in \Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config. These will be recreated on your next game start. If that does not resolve your issues, you may need to verify XCOM2 back to its vanilla state in Steam before activating this and other mods.
An additional temporary workaround to crashes when starting a new campaign is to move all of your old save files out of \Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\SaveData.
Report problems with download to firstname.lastname@example.org