Inventory Sorter is a mod for Kingdcom Come: Deliverance, created by papirnehezek.
Description (in author’s own words):
This mod changes many item's name in the English version of KCD. Unfortunately the game does not have too many options when it comes to item sorting. If you are a hoarder like me who likes to collect all kind of stuff then you might be looking for a simple mod that renames items so you can find an item you are looking for easier. This one file basically changes the English localization's item names but does not touch anything else.
Please, if you use this mod and find grammar errors or item names that does not make sense or have not been changed yet, write in the posts section so I can update the file. Thank You!
As I was unable to make this file work packed you will have to replace the original "text_ui_items.xml" file in the "%gamedirectory%/Localization/english_xml.pak" archive. You can simply open the archive with 7zip or winzip for example then just drag my xml into it and replace the original. Obviously, you should do a backup of the original file first, so you do not have to re-validate through steam or gog if you want to undo the changes.
1. Extract the "text_ui_items.xml" from the downloaded archive anywhere on your computer
2. Navigate into the "Localization" inside your game location
3. Open the "english_xml.pak" archive with a program (7zip, winzip, etc.)
4. Make a backup of the original "text_ui_items.xml" file, extract it to a safe location
5. Drag my file that you extracted at the beginning into the opened archive and overwrite the existing file if prompted
6. Close the archive and launch the game
- Replace the "text_ui_items.xml" in the "english_xml.pak" with the backup you created earlier
- Alternatively you can just delete the whole "english_xml.pak" archive and re-validate through steam or gog
Only one file was changed, an xml containing equipment names. No alteration to equipment stats were made, no additions either.
- I did not touch food, drinks, misc items (charcoal, tusks, etc.) yet. Might going to do it if demanded
- There are quest items which are also available as equipment and they use the same text line
Naming method in the "Base" version:
- Burgher's sword -> Shortsword burgher's
- Herod's Sword -> Longsword of Herod
- Spiked warhammer -> Mace warhammer spiked
- Capon's hunting bow -> Hunting bow of Capon
- Aachen dyed brigandine -> Brigandine Aachen dyed
- Bell-shaped kettle hat -> Helmet kettle bell-shaped
- Noble's mail coif -> Coif mail noble's
- Beige Cuman tunic -> Tunic Cuman beige
- Artemisia's potion -> Potion of Artemisia
- Heavenly Kingdom die -> Die Heavenly Kingdom
- Tavern Life IV -> Skillbook Tavern Life IV
- On Simony -> Book On Simony
- Red deer hide -> Hide red deer
Report problems with download to firstname.lastname@example.org