Dark Age for Viking Conquest is a mod for Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest, created by ha3481.
Dark Age is a realistic ambience/landscapes/soundscapes overhaul submod for Viking Conquest.
Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.028 or later
Install Dark Age submod
- open your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\' folder;
- copy your 'Viking Conquest' folder as new folder and rename this as 'Dark Age';
- download Dark Age and extracting files from an archive in any place;
- copy all files from '\Dark Age' to your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Dark Age' folder.
If you want to continue the game with your VC savegames then..
- open your '\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\' folder;
- copy your 'Viking Conquest' folder as new folder and rename this as 'Dark Age'.
Recommended video settings
Render Method: DirectX 9
Monitor Gamma: 2.5
Shader Quality: High
HDR Mode: Off
Use Depth Effects: Off
Use Instancing: On
Dynamic Lighting: On
Particle Systems: On
Anisotropic Filtering: On
I recommend use SMAA Injector.
Install SMAA Injector
Download and Install DirectX End-User Runtimes.
Download injectSMAA v1.2.
Copy all files from 'injectSMAA_by_mrhaandi_1.2\d3d9' to your '\MountBlade Warband' folder for install SMAA Injector.
If you have problems with InjectSMAA then try to disable Steam Overlay for Warband by right-clicking your Warband entry in your steam game list, select "Properties", and uncheck the "Enable Steam Community in-game" feature.
Delete d3d9.dll, injector.ini, SMAA.fx, SMAA.h files from your '\MountBlade Warband' folder for deinstall SMAA Injector.
Report problems with download to email@example.com