The Metalhead Visual Overhaul Collection - Enhanced Graphics and Cinematic Effects Using ReShade is a mod for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, created by TheMercsAssassin
Description (in authorís own words):
This is a steadily expanding set of ReShade presets that enhance Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint's visuals with more vivid, gritty, or cinematic visuals, depending on which preset you use. Each preset also adds tons of optional cinematic effects. Three(3) ReShade presets are bundled at launch, and I'll be adding more throughout the game's life-cycle. The default preset enhances the game with cinematic effects and color corrects the slight green tint of the vanilla image. The color palette is still similar to vanilla. The cinematic preset goes for a much more cinematic look in it's colors, more like a war movie or apocalyptic color palette. It also has heavier grain implementation to match the more cinematic feel. Finally, the vivid preset adds a burst of color to the visuals while being carefully balanced to not melt your eyes with overdone colors. The result is similar to the deep color saturation found on Samsung mobile devices. The colors and lighting have been balanced and tested thoroughly in many weather and time-of-day conditions for maximum playability. That means, you won't need to worry about crushed blacks or blinding lights (other than what the base game already aims for). Thermal vision and night vision still work great and are actually more useful than in vanilla where you never have a reason to use night vision.
The optional cinematic features these ReShades bring include film-grade depth-of-field, film grain, letterboxing (black bars), chromatic aberration and anamorphic lens distortion, and enhanced bloom and lens dirt. I've put all added cinematic effects on hot keys for easy toggling off and on if wanted.
The fourth preset is already in the works and should be a good balance between the default and the vivid preset. I'll probably do alternate DoF options as well, perhaps with a new shader if I can make it stop impacting the weapon menu. Don't be alarmed at the title screen blurring, that happens to me too :). I really hope you like the collection, I'd love to hear which preset(s) you like best and user screenshots are highly encouraged! Cheers.''
All of these are remappable once in game. (make sure numberpad is enabled or the controls won't work).
-Toggle ReShade menu on-off - F4
-Toggle all ReShade effects - END
-Toggle depth-of-field - / on numberpad
-Toggle lenz distortion (warping in corners of screen) & chromatic aberration (color bleeding on objects' edges toward the edges of the screen) - decimal point/period on numberpad
-Toggle sharpness - 5 on numberpad
-Toggle film grain - 3 on numberpad
-Black bars (letterbox) - 0 on numberpad
-Bloom and lens effects - 6 on numberpad
-Vignette (darkness around the corners) - * on numberpad '
1. Download ReShade 4.2.1 from here (no, newer versions won't work): http://www.mediafire.com/file/55ug8a5wrcmgdhs/ReShade_Setup_4.2.1.exe/file?
2. Run the ReShade .exe and Chose your GRB.exe (GRB_UPP.exe for Uplay Plus users), found here if you downloaded through Steam and didn't change your install paths, "... C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ghost Recon Breakpoint
3. Select the DirectX 10+ for the API
4. Select yes when it ask if you want to download a collection of effects
5. Now click uncheck all, don't worry, I supply all the effects you need separately
6. Now download the .zip file from here on Nexus, "Mercs Ace Collection Nexus 1-0 Release". Open the zip file.
7. Copy and paste the files and folder into your Ghost Recon Breakpoint folder main where your game's GRB.exe is, "... C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ghost Recon Breakpoint" (if using the default install path from Steam). Overwrite anything it ask, if it asks, (don't worry, you're just overwriting ReShade files, not your game files)
8. Open the "ReShade.ini" file and make sure these three lines match your game's install paths:
TextureSearchPaths=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Ghost Recon Breakpoint\reshade-shaders\Textures
EffectSearchPaths=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Ghost Recon Breakpoint\reshade-shaders\Shaders
ScreenshotPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ghost Recon Breakpoint
If your install paths are not the same as mine in the bolded portions (which is where Steam and the game would be installed if you never changed your Steam install folders), you must change them or ReShade will be looking for its textures and shaders where none exist.
9. Launch the game. Don't press anything until the game loads up pass the splash screen, you should see the ReShade notification in the top-left of the screen in a big grey box telling it's loading its effects. If you click anywhere on your desktop as the game is initially loading, it'll likely open in a non-borderless window, which you don't want. If this happens just close the game and relaunch it.
10. Open ReShade menu with "F4" and select the Metalhead ReShade preset you want to use from the drop down menu. I've set it to the Enhanced preset by default.
11. Click through the tutorial prompts until the red text goes away.
You can toggle the entire reshade on and off with the "END" key.
You can take screenshots with "F10".
12. Go to the game's options menu and turn off "Temporal AA" if you wish to use ReShade's depth-of-field, otherwise it won't work, don't forget to save your game's settings before exiting the menu :)
Report problems with download to [email protected]