Hardcore DX is a mod for Deus Ex, created by HardCoreDX Developers.
The Hardcore DX mod changes many aspects of the game in order to make it interesting to replay the original story again and again. The goal of this mod was always to make a lot of changes to the default game without modifying the maps and bring more action and combat. This mod includes several unique features that were not available in the default game such as multiplayer bots, alternative fire, new characters, new HUD, completely reworked weapons, augmentations, etc.
1) Game difficulties replaced with different game styles starting from a classic Deus Ex and ending with a classic hardcore first-person shooter. These game styles have different settings for the player, AI, inventory, augmentations, skills, HUD, music, etc. The most noticeable changes were made in so-called “Unrealistic” game style which features a brand new HUD, weapon selection method (very similar to one used in Half-Life), ability to carry every weapon and equipment at once, the llack of classic augmentations, skills and armors and the presence of the most advanced AI.
2) New Multiplayer for Deus Ex with bots. The mod features a completely overhauled multiplayer. With this new multiplayer you can play online matches again players and bots and offline matches with bots. The following games are available: DM, TDM, KTL and LMS. The KTL game (Kill the Leader) features unique game type which partially based on CTF game, but has different objectives and game tactics. While the new multiplayer has a moderate UT feeling it still has a strong Deus Ex feeling: you play DM games against bots which looks like and named like the characters from the singleplayer game and they’re use “taunts” you’ve heard in the singleplayer game. The first version of the mod shipped with 4 multiplayer maps and now the mod includes about 25 maps (most of them were made by Veronika).
3) Weapons. A good first-person shooter is nothing without cool and deadly weaponry. And in this field the mod features a complete overhaul of the default weapons used in game. All weapons have alternative firing mod which is partially based on the “Altfire” mod released in the beginning of 2002. Several weapons has unique features such as: real semi-automatic fire; alternative ammunition for the alternative firing mode; ability to throw the Dragoon’s Tooth sword as a kind of Jedi’s light saber; the ability of switching between automatic, burst and semi-automatic firing modes; use the prod as an energy shield; rail guns which can shoot through the walls; fire napalm canisters with the flamethrower; submachine gun with under-barrel shotgun and so on. The mod also features so-called mounted machineguns you can find nearly in all FPS games.
4) Augmentations were also heavily reworked and the majority of them drain energy only when actually used. Moreover the mod features unique augmentations such as Levitation, Hologram System, Teleporting, Telekinesis, Slow Time, Equipment Recharger and Electricity Attack System.
5) AI was also heavily modified to keep the balance with the improved weaponry. The modified AI has faster reactions, can use the alternative firing mod and uses it smartly, some of the characters can communicate and call for help, retreat, take cover, calculate the relative strength of the actual enemy. Some of the enemies can avoid aiming, projectiles and can track with the GEP Gun. There are also about 10 types of NPCs. On every map there are a lot of new enemies and allies spawned and nearly all NPC has a randomized inventory so you will never know what they have. So be prepared for surprises, new boss fights, ambushes, etc. Also be prepared to get new friends in a form of a controllable cyborg dogs and spider bots.
6) Pickups. Most of the armors work like classic rechargeable armors now and other pickups were also reworked to improve their usability (can be turned on and off) .
7) A lot of small but useful changes and fixes such as: automatic weapon and item pickup like in classic FPS games (can be turned off); automatic recharges with bioelectric cells; ability to scramble turrets with scramble grenade; double air jumping; the ability to use the key ring as a weapon and so on…
The mod ships with installer and a very detailed documentation which covers nearly every new features and other aspects of the game.
Mod offers an installer.
Report problems with download to [email protected]
|Deus Ex - Hardcore DX v.6.0 Beta 4||mod||17.4 MB||12/1/2019||34||39|
|Deus Ex - GMDX v.10 (24022019)||mod||1842.8 MB||5/1/2019||4K||13|
|Deus Ex - Deus Ex: Revision v.126.96.36.199||mod||3147.6 MB||9/20/2019||2.1K||11|
|Deus Ex - Deus Ex Widescreen Utility v.2.20||mod||99.6 KB||1/29/2016||2.6K||10|
|Deus Ex||demo||139.4 MB||4/3/2001||3.7K||7|
|Deus Ex - The Nameless Mod v.2.0||mod||862.6 MB||9/20/2019||3.7K||5|
|Deus Ex - Deus Ex: Total Graphic Overhaul v.3||mod||1464.8 MB||12/13/2015||2.4K||4|
|Deus Ex - Deus Ex Pure Vanilla v.0.1||mod||47.6 MB||2/4/2018||494||4|
|Deus Ex - Arena Reloaded v.1.0||mod||1.5 MB||11/28/2019||12||4|
|Deus Ex - Nihilum v.1.7||mod||539.4 MB||8/21/2019||3.2K||3|
|Deus Ex - Deus Ex: Apocalypse Inside v.0.2.p2||mod||61 MB||7/17/2016||2.9K||2|
|Deus Ex - MP Patch v.1.112||patch||35.7 MB||4/27/2001||4.4K||2|
|Deus Ex - 2027 v.1.2.1||mod||290.7 MB||9/20/2019||2.9K||1|
|Deus Ex - Red Sun 2020 1.13||mod||112.5 MB||12/13/2015||1.7K||1|
|Deus Ex - Terminus Machina v.2.0||mod||330.8 MB||9/4/2016||848||1|