developer: Matrix Games/Slitherine
publisher: Black Bean Games
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: split screen, players: 1 - 2
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Legion Arena is a Role Playing Strategy game on a massive scale. Take control of a small band of warriors and train them to be the mightiest army in the world!
* Recruit and train your troops
* Buy equipment and choose their skills. Over 100 skills to choose from!
* Personalise the appearance of each squad by selecting their textures
* Command vast armies in epic 3D battles
* Earn experience and denari for your victories
* Two campaign paths - play as Romans or Gauls. Get drawn into the story of the rise of Rome.
* Over 100 scenarios
* Over 20 unique unit types including Legionaries, Praetorians, Elephants and Naked Fanatics.
* Special effects including water, particles, lighting & night battles, weather and grass
* Detailed combat model design by a double world wargaming champion.
* Deploy your troops and issue orders before battle.
* Real time control in battle using our innovative order time system
* Every unit has strengths and weaknesses. Learn how to use your strengths and exploit your enemies weaknesses.
* Real terrain effects - cavalry are weaker in woods, light infantry are weaker in the open.
* Sandbox mode to allow the design of scenarios for you and other players to challenge.
* Easy to learn, hard to master.
Game score 8.0 / 10 calculated out of 103 players' votes.
Expectations before the premiere: 6.8 / 10 calculated out of 6 players' votes.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium III 1 GHz, 256 MB RAM, graphic card 64MB, 1 GB HDD