developer: The Learning Company
publisher: Strategic Simulations Inc.
Game mode: single player
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Realistic submarine simulator from the Second World War, which is a kind of successor and development of the idea of the famous MicroProse title from 1990 "Silent Service II". The player becomes the captain of an American submarine operating in the Pacific (nine patrol zones covering the area from Solomon Islands to the Japanese Sea). There are several types of gameplay. You can take part in independent historical missions, hypothetical missions, or sink more Japanese ships, advance in the military hierarchy and earn medals, in a career mode that covers the entire war period in the Pacific, from the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to the end of the warfare.
- Authentic films from the Second World War.
- Authentic American submarines from World War II classes: Gato, Balao, Tambour and Salamon.
- More than 40 faithfully reconstructed ships and naval vessels of the Japanese Empire.
- 36 additional historical scenarios.
- Large detailed maps.
- Implemented scenario editor.
- Editor of officer ranks.
- An article about the realities of underwater combat written by William "Bud" Grunner.
- Graphics in SVGA mode.
Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions regarding this description.
Game score 6.5 / 10 calculated out of 93 players' votes.
age requirements: everyone
PC / Windows
- Pentium 90MHz
- 16MB RAM