developer: House of Tales Entertainment GmbH
publisher: Digital Jesters
Game mode: single player
game language: English
game release date for PC:
The Moment of Silence is a classic point-and-click 3rd person adventure game set in New York City in 2044. Players step into the role of Peter Wright, an advertising executive currently heading up the Government's 'Freedom of Speech' campaign. When a heavily armed SWAT team storms his neighbor’s apartment, Peter must uncover the truth behind his mysterious disappearance as he becomes drawn into the deceptive worlds of corruption and power.
Moment of Silence marries fully-rendered, animated backdrops with a traditional and intuitive adventure interface, resulting in one of the best-looking examples of adventure gaming in today’s market. The game mixes real-world locations with fictitious environments to create immersive and incredibly varied worlds.
The Moment of Silence offers more than eight hours of professional voice talent for heart-pounding drama that sounds as good as it looks. Traditional adventure puzzles are fused with dialogue choices and moments of high drama, putting the game on par with some of cinema's greatest thrillers, where action sequences are integrated to create a constantly challenging adventure.
* Absolutely unique, highly immersive espionage thriller story
* Pre-rendered backgrounds with spectacular scenes and actions
* Reminiscent of The Longest Journey
* Multiple choice dialogues
* 35+ true-to-life 3D characters with strong biographical background to interact with
* Fascinating, well researched visions of the near future
* 75 locations, designed by award-winning CG artists and more than 500 interactive screens
* 30 minutes of full screen video
* Lip synchronization using phonetic voice analysis
* Motion captured animation with real-time facial expressions
Game score 7.57 / 10 calculated out of 137 players' votes.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium III 800 MHz, 256MB RAM, graphic card 64MB, 3.4 GB HDD