developer: PixelTail Games
publisher: PixelTail Games
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: Internet
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Tower Unite is a unique online co-op game. It was partly based on the formula of Garry's Mod, the popular independent version of a mod for Half-Life 2, which was published in 2006. The game was developed by the independent American studio PixelTail Games, which started its activity in 2009. Tower Unite made its debut in 2016 in the Early Access program on Steam.
Tower Unite focuses on interactions between friends and casual fun in different types of mini-games. Each player receives their own private apartment, which they can freely furnish, decorate and invite friends to it. We will meet with random people in a special hub-square, from where we can move to other virtual spaces. Tower Unite owners can, for example, watch YouTube clips together. Listen to audio tracks via SoundCloud, take a ride together or take part in many seasonal events. There is also a casino with eight games including Blackjack, roulette and poker.
The creators also prepared several more complex mini-games:
- Minigolf offers eight golf courses, each with eighteen holes. Sixteen people can take part in the event at the same time.
- Zombie Massacre is a co-op shooter for up to six people. The game has three maps and many types of weapons and opponents, including bosses.
- Little Crusaders is an arcade action game in which one person takes on the role of a dragon and other players try to kill them as knights.
- Ball Race si a racing game with nine maps in which we control huge balls.
- Virus is a co-op FPS for twelve people. The game offers ten types of weapons and five different levels.
- Planet Panic is a colorful shooter for eight people, in which we play the role of cats or dogs flying spaceships.
Depending on the chosen activity or game, two to a dozen or so people can participate in the game together. It is worth noting that there is also a possibility of solo gameplay. What's more, players can set up their own servers by modifying the title's content and adding unique gameplay variants.
Tower Unite offers numerous possibilities to import our own 3D models, objects, textures, animations and modify existing rules of games and activities.
Expectations: 8.3 / 10 calculated out of 12 players' votes.
PC / Windows
- Dual Core 2.4 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- graphic card 1 GB GeForce GTX 460 or better
- 25 GB HDD
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
- Quad Core 3.0 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- graphic card 2 GB GeForce GTX 660 or better
- 26 GB HDD
- Windows 7(SP1)/8/10 64-bit