Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition is now available for download on the official website. This is the biggest change in software since AMD withdrew its support for Catalyst Control Center in 2015 and replaced it with Radeon Software. At the end of this year, AMD has prepared 20 new or improved features for users, as well as a 12 percent increase in gaming performance on average. The redesigned interface itself reduces installation time by up to 34 percent thanks to the quick setup system.
AMD has implemented many interesting and useful features, such as Radeon Boost, which, depending on the load of the GPU, automatically adjusts the resolution to maintain the smoothness of the game. An interesting solution is the use of Integer Display Scaling, a system designed to smooth graphics in retro games, so that the appearance of pixels is sharper and more distinct without affecting performance.
AMD also decided to improve AMD Link, an application available for Android (and soon for iOS) that allows for streaming games from PC to mobile devices. The new interface now looks clearer, and increasing bandwidth to 50 Mbps significantly improves image quality while reducing latency.
"The new Gaming Center panel enables users to run applications from a single location, regardless of the platform they use. [...] In addition, the new integrated web browser makes it possible to use guides and game information without having to leave the game," reads the press release provided by AMD.
This is the list of changes in the Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition:
- New interface (different during gameplay and when launching on desktop)
- AMD Link upgrade (New ultrafast 50Mbps bitrate, x265 encoding, instant GIFs)
- Radeon Boost (automatic change of resolution and image quality. At release, it supports 8 games: Overwatch, PUBG, Borderlands 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Destiny 2, GTA V, Call of Duty: WWII)
- Tuning Tab (easy access to the performance monitor and the ability to configure such elements as voltage or fan speed)
- Streaming Tab (clear system for easy streaming of games)
- DirectML Media Filters (reduced noise and improved image and video quality)
- Image Sharpening (sharpens the image with a maximum 2% drop in performance)
- Radeon Anti-lag (reduces input delay and provides faster response)
- Integer Display Scaling (improves classic pixel style in retro games)
- System status (you receive a notification if your computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run a game)
- Game center (starting games in one place regardless of the platform, tracking statistics, selection of settings)
- User profiles (several profiles to choose from: Gaming/Esports/Standard. Can be changed at any time)
- Installer (saves settings after reinstallation, installation time 34% faster)
The solutions used by the Santa Clara company seem to be well thought out, a number of possibilities may attract many new players, especially now, when in the GPU market is not only the product itself but also the software that supports it. To install the latest version of drivers for AMD Radeon GPU, just go to the official support page and choose the product you are interested in.
The costs of the trip to the demonstration of the new version of Adrenalin 2020 Edition software in Munich were covered by AMD.