Yesterday saw the debut of Bleak Faith: Forsaken, an action RPG by Archangel Studios. The game looked promising on the videos, and many people were waiting for it (more than 20 thousand players had it on their wish list). Unfortunately, all indications are that the project did not live up to expectations.
- On Steam, only 58% of reviews praise Bleak Faith, which is categorized as a "mixed" reception.
- Players complain about technical issues and underdeveloped controls, which fail to give the impression of exercising full control over the protagonist. Also criticized is the combat system, in which rolls and other dodges are virtually useless.
- Praised is the atmosphere and graphics.
- Many players express the opinion that Bleak Faith: Forsaken has a lot of potential, but the game was released far too early..
- Of course, one should take into account the fact that the game was developed by a team of just three people, so the fact that it is unpolished should not be a big surprise. The question is whether such a small studio should have taken on a project of such a large scale in the first place. Alternatively, whether it should not have released it in early access.
It is also worth mentioning the game's popularity. Yesterday, at the hottest moment of the release day, Bleak Faith: Forsaken was played by 1793 people on Steam, which is a good result for a project of such a small team.
Interest in the game before the release was high and the devs clearly failed to fully meet the expectations of players. Underneath all these problems, however, there seems to be a good game, so everything depends on whether the developers will be able to fix the most serious problems of their creation, or whether it will end up as another promising title that failed to live up to its potential.
- Bleak Faith: Forsaken on Steam