Popular hack and slash from Blizzard – Diablo 4 – recently launched on Steam. The free trial version of the game is currently available for a week. In addition, the full version is on sale now. It means that those who prefer the Valve platform can finally test and buy the production. But can the game be transferred from Battle.net to Steam? You can find this out in our guide.
Transfer Diablo 4 from Battle.net to Steam
Diablo 4 on Steam is practically a separate title. That means you can’t transfer a game from Battle.net to Steam and you must buy it once again. So, the better option is to add Diablo 4 to your Valve Library as a Non-Steam product. To do this, you must:
- Open Steam;
- Pick “games” menu;
- Choose “Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library”;
- Check the box next to Diablo 4 or browse your files to find it.
This is definitely a cheaper solution, as the game will appear in your Steam library, but you don't have to buy it.
You also need to remember that even if you decide to purchase the game on Steam, you will still need Battle.net account to launch it. This will cause your progress from Battle.net (if there is any) to be automatically transferred to Steam. So, you won't lose all the unblocked elements.
If you are interested in Diablo 4 then I recommend you read our previous news.
- Diablo 4 Available for Free on PC; Significantly Limited Trial Version
- Breakthrough in Search for Cow Level in Diablo 4; Player Overcomes Another Obstacle
- How to Get Shard of Agony in Diablo 4. Beat Grigoire Known as Gregoire