The creators have given us permission to host a mirror to Half-Life Alyx NoVR.
- Half-Life Alyx NoVR - download the mod from our FTP server
Half-Life: Alyx was one of the best games of 2020, but few players could experience it, as the game requires VR goggles. A group of fans had been working for several years on a mod that would enable the game to be played without virtual reality devices. The day before yesterday, their project finally reached its first fully playable version.
- The mod is titled simply Half-Life Alyx NoVR.
- You can download the modification from Our FTP.
- The project is not yet fully polished, but with the latest version (6.1) it has finally reached a stage of development that enable you to complete the entire campaign in the game without using cheats.
- Occasionally there are errors, but they are quite random and if they break something serious, just load an earlier save and the same error should no longer appear on the next attempt.
Half-Life Alyx NoVR is brilliantly developed.
- The creators thoroughly redesigned the controls and gameplay, so that the whole thing can be completed with a mouse and keyboard.
- This forced a lot of simplification - instead of manual actions with VR controllers, we simply press the E key at the right moment and manipulate the cursor, but this solution works very well in action and allows for comfortable play.
The availability of the mod is a blessing. Without VR Half-Life Alyx loses a lot of its charm, but it still offers typical elements of Valve games, such as a well-told story, interesting combat and great execution. That's why it's good that, thanks to the work of fans, the title can finally be played by people without goggles.
Simple installation of the mod
Another advantage of the mod is the simplicity of use. It does not require the installation of any additional scripts or packages. All you need to do is to download the archive with the mod and extract it to the game folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life Alyx"). Then, in the Steam client, right-click on Half-Life: Alyx and go into Properties, then in the "Startup Options" section add: