Although it's been almost four years since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC (and five since its debut on consoles), the game remains visually stunning, offering one of the most beautiful open worlds in gaming. However, that doesn't stop fans from creating mods to improve the graphics of RDR2. One of the most important, called Visual Redemption, has just received a new version.
- Visual Redemption - download the mod from our FTP server (the author has given us permission to host a mirror)
The project, also known as VisualR, introduces numerous fixes to improve the game's atmosphere and provide a more realistic experience. The mod improves weather conditions, increases the draw distance of shadows in all weather, reduces the intensity of haze, and fixes the rendering of the bloom effect, as well as many other elements, such as reflections in water and the positioning of the moon in the sky. All this makes a big difference, as the new trailer for the project shows well.
What's new in Visual Redemption 2.0
New version of Visual Redemption is numbered 2.0 and brings a number of beneficial changes.
- Significant improvements have been made to lighting, fog and colors in weather conditions such as stmospheric highs, sun, rain and overcast - the goal is to increase realism.
- The intensity of rain particles has been improved to make them look more consistent.
- A new optional extra, called "Vanilla Art Style" has been added, which retains the game's original graphic style, but makes improvements related to rendering distance and the quality of visual effects.
Finally, it's worth mentioning that if you want to improve the game's textures on occasion, you can do so with other mods. The two most important projects of this type are Terrain Textures Overhaul and Upscaled Terrain (along with Upscaled Terrain 4K Addon).
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - game guide
- Visual Redemption - official website
Other mods by this author
Author of Visual Redemption is a modder known as Razed. He specialized in creating visual mods. The creator's output include projects such as:
- NaturalVision Remastered and NaturalVision Evolved for Grand Theft Auto V.
- GFX Trilogy for Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition.
- Dying Light 2 Enhanced Mod.