- Taika Waititi, the director of Thor's latest adventures, said that the script of the latest film is completely over the top and gives the impression that the filmmakers asked 10-year-olds what to include in it and agreed to everything;
- In the film we will probably see space sharks, but no Silver Surfer;
- Waititi would also like Beta Ray Bill to be in the movie;
- In Love and Thunder, we'll get to know the story of Korg;
- We also saw the concept arts for New Asgard and the new armor for Miek.
Yesterday, Taika Waititi, the director of Thor's latest adventures - Love and Thunder, conducted a live broadcast on his Instagram, during which, among other things, he gave the audience some information about the upcoming film (via Collider). When actress Tessa Thompson (who played Valkyrie in the previous installments of the series) joined the conversation, the director told her that the latest version of the script (it's already the fifth or sixth one) is way over the top (in a positive sense).
“It’s so over the top now in the very best way. It makes Ragnarok seem like a really run of the mill, very safe film…this new film feels like we asked a bunch of 10 year olds what should be in a movie and just said yes to everything.”
Waititi suggested that Marvel's comic book characters, the so-called "space sharks", may appear in the film. The director said, however, that we will not see Silver Surfer, but he would very much like Beta Ray Bill (a Korbinite trapped in the body of another alien, who fights with a copy of Thor's hammer) to appear. However, his presence in the production is not yet certain. It is said that in the new version we will also learn a little more about the Korg and the race he represents
During the broadcast we could also see the concept arts of New Asgard and the new armor for Miek (who turned out to be a woman).
Thor: Love and Thunder will make its debut in cinemas on February 28, 2022. In January we learned that Christian Bale (known for his series of films about Batman) was negotiating one of the roles in the production. For the time being, we know that apart from him, Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and Natalie Portman will play in the movie.