Most of us have already forgotten about last year's Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. However, the game's developers want to remind us of this cooperative shooter and are preparing a major update that will thoroughly refresh many elements of this production.
- The patch is scheduled to debut in October this year.
- The update will significantly strengthen RPG elements. This is because each class will get a unique ability tree.
- This solution will replace the previous progression system, under which every fifth level we chose one perk for our character.
- In the new system, the development tree for each class is to have three branches - one will correspond to abilities already known to fans of the game, and the other two will be filled with new enhancements.
- This progression system will provide much more freedom of character building and increase the variety of gameplay.
- Among the new abilities will be a shield, which Psyker will be able to summon. Ogryn, on the other hand, will receive the option to throw a large rock instead of grenades. It is supposed to regenerate after some time (unlike grenades).
- Fatshark started working on this system even before the game's release, but it was not ready for the debut, so its introduction was delayed.
Recall that Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is available only on PC. The game can also be played as part of Game Pass subscription.
Work is also underway on the Xbox Series X/S version. It will most likely be released already with the new progression system implemented.
We wonder if these changes will save the game. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide has clearly failed to meet expectations. On Steam, only 55% of user reviews are positive. Also, the activity results on the website do not impress - yesterday, at the hottest moment of the day, the game was played by 2740 people, which is practically the same number as in the much older Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - official website