Dawn of Conquest is a mod for Medieval II: Total War- Kingdoms, created by g3sandy.
Dawn of Conquest is a complete overhaul of the original Medieval II Total War. It was inspired by the classic mod Deus lo Vult (Battle Balance). The modding philosophy is "history inspired gameplay". The first release focuses on Western Europe - the conflict between England and France known as the 100 Years War and the Reconquista on Iberian peninsula. The mod is essentially a sandbox campaign with a smart AI. The key events are the Black Death that affects all of Europe and the discovery of gunpowder, which unlocks simple artillery. Most importantly, it is complete and playable! The gameplay will be slower than in vanilla. The real fun starts around turn 80-100, when most of the rebel territories are conquered and factions start to war with one another.
• Start date 1330
• 10 factions: K. of England, K. of Scotland, K. of France, County of Flanders, Duchy of Burgundy, Crown of Castile, Crown of Aragon, K. of Navarre, K. of Portugal and Emirate of Granada. Central Europe and Italy to come soon in 2.0!
• 4 Turns per year. Do not rush. Take your time to develop your generals, its worth it!
• New campaign map (~50 settlements)
• New stratmap textures and reworked models
• New UI elements
• Reworked recruitment system. Castles = Military/Feudal centres; Cities = financial/income settelements. Conquer and develop accordingly. Many AOR troops available to anyone who conquers their settlements. Full list: Wales, Ireland, Normandy, Brittany, Gascony, Northern Africa.
• Balanced Campaign and Battlefield experience.
• Tested up to 100 turns, no crashes.
There are three types of recruitment zones for any faction:
1) Own historical territories: Feudal Knights and faction-specific units (e.g. Billmen for England and Boulgiers for France etc.)
2) Neutral territories ("small" factions): Welsh longbowmen, Galloglaigh, Breton MAA, Berber Spearmen etc. Full list of such zones: Wales, Ireland, Brittany, Normandy, Gascony, Calatrava and Africa)
3) Enemy territories ("big" playable factions): limited recruitment (no knigths and no faction-specific units). Generic units such as spearmen and crossbowmen are available.
Mod offers an installler
Report problems with download to firstname.lastname@example.org