B-17 Flying Fortress II: The Mighty 8th Release Date PC
B-17 is the most famous American bomber from the Second World War. Its powerful weaponry and high resistance to damage caused that this aircraft was a very effective tool in carrying out attacks on cities and military objects of fascist Germany. In 1992, Microprose prepared the first simulator of this aircraft, which allowed to take a seat at the helm of the "Flying Fortress", or to play the role of one of the other crew members. The game was very popular, mainly due to the very good graphics and realism for those days.
B17 Flying Fortress 2: Mighty 8th is, as the name suggests, a sequel to the simulator from years ago. The player can again take the fate of one of the bombers, or, which was not in the first part, play the role of the pilot of an escort fighter. The creators of the game went even further, giving the opportunity to take a seat at the controls of German planes, trying to shoot down enemy machines attacking their country. The game's audio-visual setting has been adapted to the current hardware capabilities. The realism of the fight has been improved, taking into account many more parameters than the original.
- Additional possibility to take a seat at the controls of one of the Allied or German fighters, available planes are: American P-38 Lightning, P-47 Thunderbolt and P-51 Mustang or German: Bf-109, Fw-190 and jets Me-262 and rocket Me-163.
- Highly mapped appearance of the "Flying Fortress" and other planes.
- Photorealistic graphics and detailed representation of the terrain, which was created, among others, with the use of satellite photographs.
- Realistic representation of machine behavior in the air - new strategic elements, e.g. route selection, logistics, etc.
Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions regarding this description.
Last updated on 10 December 2007
Game mode: single player
Media type: 1 CD
User score: 8,1 / 10 based on 143 votes.
Age restrictions B-17 Flying Fortress II: The Mighty 8th: 12+
B-17 Flying Fortress II: The Mighty 8th System requirements
PC / Windows
- Pentium II 600MHz
- 128MB RAM
- graphic card + wykorzystuje joystick