developer: Monolith Soft
publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Game mode: single player
game language: English
game release date for GCN:
UNRAVEL THE MYSTERY OF THE FORGOTTEN OCEANS IN AN INNOVATIVE RPG FROM THE MAKERS OF XENOSAGA®The world of Baten Kaitos™ is a world adrift in time and space. Humanity forges its existence on an archipelago of land floating in a yawning, endless sky. The earth below, and the vast oceans it once harbored, are mere legend. It is by no means a tranquil existence. A sinister conspiracy is afoot, one that threatens to tear these few remaining rafts of land from the heavens and erase forever the memory of the seas below. Act as conscience and spirit guide for young Kalas and his companion Xelha. Guide them in battle and watch their friendship bloom. Join them as they struggle to reveal the mystery of the lost sea and destroy the corruption that threatens their world.
* Embark upon an epic and emotional journey across a richly imagined world. Enjoy detailed character development and unravel an intricate plot spanning over 60 hours of gameplay.
* Innovative, dynamic Magnus card system unites all elements of gameplay. Capture the essence of items, weapons and spells in Magnus cards and use them for exploration and combat. Cards in your inventory change with the passage of time: food ripens or rots, blades rust and rare items increase in value.
* Baten Kaitos'™ unconventional card-based battle engine features over 1000 Magnus cards—each with unique artwork—that can be combined for a virtually infinite number of attacks and spell effects.
* Enter a landscape overflowing with graphic detail. Vivid, pre-rendered backgrounds are alive with movement and subtle, ambient animations. Enjoy gloriously rendered battle environments and astounding spell effects.
* Character design by renowned artist Nakaba Higurashi. Epic, stirring soundtrackcomposed by Motoi Sakuraba.
Game score 7.7 / 10 calculated out of 31 players' votes.
Uses: memory card