developer: Mindware Studios
publisher: Dreamcatcher / The Adventure Comp.
Game mode: single player
Cold War follows the story of a freelance journalist who finds himself in the midst of an international conspiracy that aims to control the U.S.S.R. Twelve hours after arriving in Moscow for a routine story, he has been stripped of all possessions, beaten unconscious and thrown into the KGB's political prison. Using only recovered weapons and improvised gadgets, he must now evade or overcome elite Soviet forces and defeat the conspiracy before he is sent to a Siberian prison camp or killed.
* Powerful and widely-recognized setting - mid-1980's U.S.S.R.
* Strong espionage/stealth gameplay - including gadgets like the x-ray camera.
* Interactive non-linear world: Accomplish objectives in multiple ways - find hidden paths, combine in-game elements to create weapons and traps, or silently eliminate opponents.
* Set in real Soviet locations, and is built around locations such as Lenin's Mausoleum, Chernobyl and the KGB's notorious Ljubljanka prison.
PC / Windows
- Pentium III 1.2 GHz
- 256 MB RAM
- graphic card 64MB (GeForce 3 or better)
- 1 GB HDD