developer: Backbone Entertainment
publisher: SouthPeak Interactive
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: common screen
Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers is a third-person action game set during World War II, beginning with the D-Day invasion of France when paratroopers were dropped behind enemy lines ahead of the Normandy landings to support the Allied assault on Germany's Fortress Europe. Players start out as a private and progress through the game's historic campaigns to participate in battles from D-Day to Market Garden, Bastogne and beyond.
Over the course of the game players will gain rank, earn skill points to improve their characters and fight with a wide array of authentic WWII weapons and equipment. The game's missions will be playable in both single-player and two-player cooperative modes.
Highlighted features of Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers include:
* Varied and immersive missions that require an array of weapons and skills to complete;
* Two-player, same screen co-operative play;
* Ability to rise through the ranks with battle experience earning promotions and the ability to customize your character with new skills and capabilities;
* Instantly accessible controls keep players involved in the combat and not the game pad;
* Incredible assortment of historically accurate weapons, equipment and devices;
* Skill dependent melee attacks inflict different types of damage on the enemy;
* Three very different levels of difficulty suitable for every player’s skill set;
* Historical Combat/third-person Isometric Hybrid with role-playing qualities;
* Immersive and detailed environments that give the player a greater sense of situational awareness;
* Three customizable character types that each provide unique game play opportunities as well as a character development system that allows players to tailor the gameplay experience;
* Excellent replay value for anyone wanting more than just a WWII shooter.
age requirements: 12+