developer: Electronic Arts Inc.
publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Game mode: single player
Experience the Quidditch™ World Cup Dream
Take to the air in the first game that allows players to fully experience the magical speed, power, and competition of Quidditch, the favorite sport of witches and wizards, in the Harry Potter™: Quidditch World Cup game.
For the first time, gamers will experience the full complexity and exciting challenge of Quidditch, which involves two teams of seven players who fly on broomsticks, playing four balls simultaneously. Players will control every position on their team, including three Chasers who try to score with the Quaffle™, two Beaters who control the dangerous Bludgers, the Keeper who protects the goal, and the Seeker who chases the elusive Golden Snitch™ that must be caught to end the match.
Starting with any one of the four Hogwarts™ house teams -- including Harry Potter's Gryffindor™ -- players learn Quidditch basics with five original challenges and the Hogwarts House Cup competition. Once completed, players can enter the Quidditch World Cup, choosing from a range of international teams including the USA, England, France, Germany, the Nordic Team, Japan, Spain, Australia, and Bulgaria - featuring Viktor Krum. Each national team sports its own Quidditch gear, has a unique stadium environment, and different strengths that lend depth and strategy, especially when two gamers face off in two-player competition for the first time ever in a Harry Potter video game.
* The first and only way to experience complete Quidditch matches. Climb aboard a flying broomstick and take flight to engage in exciting competition high above the Quidditch pitch.
* Play as any one of four Hogwarts houses and numerous characters from the books, including Harry Potter (as a Seeker on the Gryffindor team), crafty Draco Malfoy™ from Slytherin™, and international Quidditch stars such as Bulgaria's Viktor Krum.
* Play all the Quidditch positions and execute all the high-flying moves: control the three Chasers to score ten-point goals with the Quaffle, the two club-wielding Beaters to control the two dangerous Bludgers, the Keeper to guard the three goal rings, and the Seeker to capture the Golden Snitch to end the match and score 150 points.
* Compete for the Quidditch World Cup, with professional Quidditch teams and stadium environments including USA, England, France, Germany, the Nordic Team, Japan, Spain, Australia, and Bulgaria - featuring Viktor Krum.
* The first Harry Potter two-player experience - two players can play head to head on PC and all consoles.
* Collect Quidditch Cards gained from challenges completed, moves made, and games won. These in turn unlock special moves, all of which help players achieve the ultimate honor of winning the Quidditch World Cup.
* Stunning 3D environments and special effects.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Processor Pentium III 700 MHz, 256 MB RAM, 32MB graphic card, 550 MB HDD
Game Boy Advance