game language: English
game release date for PS2:
In the past, Harvest Moon has been more of a farming simulation with a little bit of role playing added in. Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland takes the series in a new direction, by offering a deeper and more robust role-playing experience. It might be best described as a 'Life Simulation'.
The object of Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland is to successfully save the village from being turned into a resort. Construction begins in a year, so you must find a way to save your homeland before that. Unlike previous Harvest Moon titles, Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland will offer nine unique ways in which to complete your task. Thus offering nine different endings to the game!
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland focuses more attention on relationships than that of making money. Befriending the people in town is the key to successfully completing your task. There are over 100 different heartwarming events, each one leading to the next.
This is the first Harvest Moon title to be in a true 3-D environment. It looks much more realistic, yet it will not lose the cute animation aspect that all Harvest Moon titles are known for.
* 20 New characters each with their own unique personalities!
* Explore a 3-Dimensional environment rich in detail!
* 9 Unique endings to the game!
* More interaction with your animals, such as training your dog and racing your horse!
* Enjoy hours or non-linear game play!
* Collect and cook various recipes!
* Characters move in real-time!
* Earn various key items during part-time jobs!
Game score 8.4 / 10 calculated out of 142 players' votes.