developer: Digital Extremes
publisher: Groove Games
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet
A spiraling plunge into destruction, despair and disease. Jack Mason is a burned-out doctor with no will to live, that is, until he nearly dies in a transport crash. Now he and his infected patient are stranded deep within the most vicious prison sectors of a wasteland called 'Earth'. In sixteen hours an orbital platform will initiate a total biohazard containment procedure: 50-megaton yield, detonated above sea level, to cleanse the contamination.
Known for creating games with incredibly rich dynamic graphics and mind-blowing fine-tuned gameplay, Digital Extremes is reaching beyond the limits with its most ambitious project to date. Pariah is utilizing the power of a heavily modified Unreal engine with state-of-the-art Havok physics technology that produces stunning settings, lifelike characters and tremendously satisfying in-your-face first-person action.
* Can You Survive? A unique combination of action and stealth create an unprecedented single player gaming experience
* Immersive Story written by professional Hollywood script writers takes FPS gameplay to a new level
* Bleeding Edge Visuals with a heavily modified Unreal™ Engine combined with state of the art HAVOK™ physics technology
* Emergent Tactical AI: Based upon the already spectacular Unreal™ AI, the enemies in Pariah™ are much more aware of one another and work as a team to make them fierce foes
* Use Your Senses including sight and sound awareness to track and outsmart deadly adversaries against overwhelming odds
* Customize Your Arsenal using Weapon Energy Cores (WEC’s) to build and customize your weapons with devastating results
* Strategically Interactive Terrain: Use your surroundings to help you survive a variety of brilliantly designed futuristic earth environments
* Unprecedented Multiplayer: Vehicles and customizable weapons come together to create the ultimate multiplayer experience online and off.
PC / Windows
- Pentium 4 1.4 GHz
- 256 MB RAM
- graphic card 32 MB (GeForce 3 or better)
- 2.5 GB HDD
- Windows XP