developer: EA DICE / Digital Illusions CE
publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: Internet
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition for PC, PS4 and XONE is a new complete release the series of online third-person shooters set in the universe of Star Wars. It has been developed by DICE studio (part of Electronic Arts) and mainly known to players from its Battlefield series, though they also created other titles, like both entries in Mirrors Edge series and Pinball Fantasies and RalliSport Challenge. Star Wars: Battlefront was released in November 2015 and attracted a lot of attention, resulting in outstanding sales.
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition offers digital bonuses from special version of the game, like emojis all best weapons instantly unlocked, as well as season pass that gives access to all released DLC. This means players get new heroes and maps on different planets, like Jakku, Sullust, Tatooine, Bespin and even space station Death Star.
The set contains:
- Star Wars: Battlefront Battle for Jakku
- Star Wars: Battlefront Outer Rim
- Star Wars: Battlefront Bespin
- Star Wars: Battlefront Death Star
- Star Wars: Battlefront Rogue One: Scarif
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition for PC, PS4 and XONE is a game designed with multiplayer battles in mind, so it features no narrative structure. The underlying story is based on the conflict between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactc Empire, who fight for supremacy in various locations well-known to fans of George Lucas's creation. The game makes it possible to play as one of the iconic Star Wars characters, including Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Emperor Palpatine, Princess Leia, and Boba Fett. Fans will also recognize the R2-D2 and C-3PO droids featured in the game, however non-playable.
Gameplay mechanics in Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition resembles other online shooters. Players can choose between first-person and third-person perspective you can switch between the two at any time. Depending on the gameplay mode, up to 40 players can be present simultaneously in one game. The key to success is not only individual skill, but also teamwork. In combat you make use of various weapons and vehicles, and visit such worlds as Hoth, Tatooine, Endor, or Sullust.
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition features both online and offline game modes. As for the former, we get local multiplayer modes. They are the so-called Missions and come in several variations, such as repelling waves of AI-controlled enemies, Battles, Hero Battles, and Training. However, the main course of the game is obviously the online experience, which puts you up against people from all over the world in the following game modes:
- Fighter Squadron fight as a pilot of a space fighter, such as X-wings, TIE Fighters, Millennium Falcon, and more;
- Blast standard Team Deathmatch;
- Supremacy struggle for control over five strategic locations with vehicles, space fighters, and heroes involved;
- Walker Assault team battle for up to 40 players, in which they have to fight back or protect AT-AT Walkers, depending on the faction;
- Drop Zone dynamic battle for drop pods falling down from the sky;
- Droid Run struggle for three droids moving around the battlefield;
- Cargo a variation of capture the flag mode with cargo boxes instead of flags;
- Hero Hunt one player becomes the enemy faction's hero, and the rest is trying to eliminate him. The one who manages to do that becomes the next hero and the pattern repeats;
- Heroes vs. Villains battle of heroes. The faction whose heroes are eliminated loses.
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition for PC, PS4 and XONE was created using the DICEs proprietary game engine Frostbite 3, known from such titles as: Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and Need for Speed. The game offers high-quality textures, impressive special effects, and most importantly, is abundant with the characteristic Star Wars atmosphere.
age requirements: 16+
PC / Windows
- Intel Core i3 6300T 3.30 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- graphic card 2 GB GeForce 660 GTX/Radeon HD 7850 or better
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Intel Core i5 6600 3.9 GHz
- 16 GB RAM
- graphic card 4 GB GeForce GTX 970/Radeon R9 290 or better
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit