game language: English
game release date for PC:
The I of the Dragon is an Action-RPG from Primal Development Studios.
You, the player, take the role of the young, inexperienced dragon. In the role of the savior of Nimoa you move through the skies and faces all the challenges of the evil Skarborr.
At the beginning of the game the player has the choice of three dragons: Annoth The Fire Breather, Barroth the magician and Morrogh The Necromancer. All three are different and all three have their own ways of dealing with the great many adversaries you will meet. You also develop the dragon's combat abilities throughout the game to deal with the increasingly tough and resilient enemies, until you meet and conquer Skarborr himself.
That is not all, you will also need to control other characters and complete important tasks on the path to overall victory: a warlord and his steed on a potentially fatal fact finding mission, the thoroughly competent hunter on a mission of delicate accuracy and selective killing and the three huge creatures and their riders in an attempt to destroy magical generators keeping the dragons away from the next big fight.
Through 12 enormous and differing geographical areas the task is not only to hunt and destroy despicable monsters, but to build, maintain and defend human settlements. A dragon's individual character, breathtakingly fluid graphics and addictively exhausting aerial combat bring you many hours of sometimes sweat generating gameplay.
You will also fall under the spell of The I of the Dragon with its mystical atmosphere, impressive sunrises and colorful but ominous sunsets, for who knows what the night will bring.
* A choice of three dragons each with its own abilities, based on fire, ice and acid, developing either into a battle, wizard or sniper dragon. There are no limits to the possibilities
* 12 unique territories representing various geographical areas: mountains desserts, forests and savanna etc. Each map has over 10 square kilometers to cover
* More than 60 spells with special effects available to each dragon
* The Direct3D- based engine of the newest technology, supporting T&L hardware and multi-textures
* Real time Terra-Forming allows complete mountain ranges disappear and reappear in another location
* Static and real-time lighting ensure the correct lighting conditions to every day and night cycle
* Fascinating sunsets and a night sky full of stars await you
* Every graphic sub-system works with real-time, detail grading algorithms, which make it possible to present huge landscapes with thousands of objects without any noticeable disruption to frame frequency, even on low end machines
* The Time Control-Option makes it possible to adjust The I of The Dragon to your own speed
* Slow motion mode with a fascinating effect.
Game score 8.535 / 10 calculated out of 1415 players' votes.
age requirements: 12+
PC / Windows
- Pentium III 1 GHz
- 256MB RAM
- graphic card 64MB
- 1.5 GB HDD