developer: Visceral Games / EA Redwood Shores
publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Game mode: single player
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is an action game with the third-person perspective and is based on the movie of the same title.
The goal of the player, just like in the book and the movie, is to destroy the ring that brings trouble, and freeing the Middle-Earth from Lord Sauron and the army of orcs he commands.
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is full of fast-paced, dynamic action, lots of adventure elements and fully-3D graphics rich with detail inspired by that from the movie.
- Eight playable characters, such as Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Sam, and Frodo. All voiced by the cast of the movie.
- Co-op multiplayer mode allowing for playing with friends.
- Over twelve interactive environments modeled with great attention to detail: Paths of the Dead, Minas Tirith, Pelennor Fields Black Gate, Crack of Doom, and others.
- The characters may jump from ropes and catapults, attack enemies from all directions, perform combos, etc.
- The cut-scenes come from the movie.
- The soundtrack is composed by the Oscar-awarded Howard Shore.
PC / Windows
- Recommended: Processor Pentium 4 1.6 GHz, 256 MB RAM, graphic card 64MB, 2 GB HDD