developer: Visceral Games / EA Redwood Shores
publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Game mode: single player
Multiplayer mode: Internet, players: 1
Experience the first console roleplaying game (RPG) set in The Lord of the Rings™ universe in The Lord of the Rings™, The Third Age™ from EA GAMES™. Travel in the wake of the Fellowship in a unique structure that allows players to explore their own path while periodically intersecting the major events of New Line Cinema’s film trilogy. Traverse through both familiar and seldom-glimpsed locations as you fight to save or destroy Middle-earth™ in an epic adventure. Encounter the demonic Balrog in the Mines of Moria, defend the fallen city of Osgiliath, or try to destroy Helm’s Deep. These choices and many more will confront you as you align yourself with the people of Middle-earth or undertake missions on behalf of Sauron.
Play as all-new characters from Middle-earth, interacting with the heroes, villains, and supporting cast who populate the world. Your heroes or villains are completely upgradeable, allowing you to enhance their weapons, fighting style, and attributes. Then you will embark on a free-roaming adventure where you can complete the primary objectives or seek out the various side quests and uncover hidden characters, secret weapons, and powerful items.
Dispatch the forces of light or shadow with an innovative turn-based battle system. Ride horses or Wargs and charge through your foes. Use your leadership skills to maximize your party and unleash devastating attacks as you fight alongside or against key characters from the films such as Aragorn, Gandalf, and the Balrog.
Explore a beautiful and realistic world that features assets from all of the films, voice acting from the original actors, and motion capture from the films’ stunt doubles.
* Play on the side of light or shadow. In an adventure that intersects the main plot points of the film trilogy, battle on the side of the Fellowship in their quest to save Middle-earth or unlock the evil missions where you fight on the side of Sauron.
* Deep gameplay that expands all three films. Travel to familiar and unfamiliar places such as the Mines of Moria, Helm’s Deep, Pelennor Fields, Minas Tirith, and a host of unexpected locations like the White Mountains Plains.
* Customize your hero or villain: Upgrade your character with an in-depth skill tree system where you can acquire unique skills in melee combat, ranged weaponry, defense, and magic.
* Discover a vast array of weapons, armor and clothing, and other Middle-earth items.
* Free-roaming gameplay. Explore, take on side quests, and uncover secret characters to join your party, or special weapons and items to boost your existing characters.
* Fight alongside or against key characters from The Lord of the Rings such as Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas, Eowyn, and the Balrog.
* New user-controlled cameras keep players aware of everything around them.
* Voiceover from the original actors and assets from all three The Lord of the Rings films.
Game Boy Advance
Uses: link-cable, Wireless Adapter + additionally (GBA): link-cable