Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is considered by many players to be the best installment of the series. Now buying this game has become more difficult.
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag has been removed from distribution on Steam.
- Those who previously purchased the game can still download it - it's just that the title can no longer be purchased in this particular store.
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is still being sold on Ubisoft Store, the publisher's digital platform.
- Some players quickly began to say that this is how Ubisoft is preparing to announce the remake, rumors of which have been circulating for several months. However, these conclusions turned out to be wrong. The support department reported on Ubisoft's official Discord that all this is due to some kind of error and the game will be restored to distribution on Steam.
In truth, even before Ubisoft's dementi, these speculations did not sound credible for a number of reasons. According to reports so far, the remake is in the very early stages of development, so it would not make sense to stop selling the original at this point. In the past, the publisher has removed Assassin's Creed 3 from distribution, but firstly, this included not only Steam, but also the publisher's store, and secondly, this occurred only a few days after the release of Assassin's Creed III Remastered.
In addition, it is worth remembering that this July Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag unexpectedly received the first update in ten years. Ubisoft would not likely invest in developing a patch for an old game only to pull it from distribution a few weeks later.
As a final reminder Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag debuted in 2013 on PC and Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, WiiU, PS4 and Xbox One consoles.
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - game guide