IN A NUTSHELL:
- The Locked & Loaded patch for Fallout 76, released yesterday, kicked off the 4th season of post-release support;
- The patch introduces a number of new features, such as Decryption mode, the ability to "reset" characters or build a second camp;
- The patch requires downloading between 11 GB and 65.7 GB of data, depending on the platform.
Bethesda Softworks announced that Fallout 76 has received another major update, titled Locked & Loaded, which kicks off Season 4 of support. It introduces several improvements and new features to the game - including, above all, the long-awaited ability to reset character stats (we're talking about S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system perks).
We get access to the "reset" option after reaching character level 25 - we can then use the so-called Punch Card Machine and save up to two ability presets, between which we'll be able to switch.
The patch also introduces a new mode called Decryption - the mission requires us to disable three Radio Interceptors, which involves finding enemies with special codes, and then fighting off several increasingly difficult waves of enemies and defeating the boss.
There are also new mutations (group regeneration, toxic blood, etc.) and the option to build a second C.A.M.P..
Fallout 76 Locked & Loaded - update size
The Locked & Loaded patch is now available to download on all platforms where the game is available, and get ready for a lot of downloading. Below is the size of the update:
- PC (Bethesda.net): 22 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 62.3 GB
- PC (Steam): 11 GB
- PlayStation 4: 58.6 GB
- Xbox One: 65.7 GB
- Fallout 76 - game guide
- Fallout 76 - official website