Slitherine has organized a presentation of Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance, an RTS based on the movie license.
- As part of the event, three video from the Report from the Frontlines series were published.
- They present both gameplay fragments and live-action FMVs.
- It is not known whether such FMV cutscenes will be included in the campaign itself, or whether they are just part of the marketing campaign.
- At the same time, a gameplay stream was organized on Twitch. You can watch its 38-minute recording here.
RTS for Terminator fans
Recall that the game is heading exclusively for PCs, and its release is scheduled for the end of this year. The project will be available for purchase on Steam.
The game will offer an extensive story campaign, independent skirmishes against AI and multiplayer mode in 1v1, 2v1 and 2v2 variants.
Judging on the videos, Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance looks promising. It is a relatively low-budget game, but it seems to convincingly convey the atmosphere of future war known from the silver screen.
The only question is whether fans of the brand will be able to stomach the fact that the action is set in the version of this universe introduced by the coldly received Terminator: Dark Destiny, in which humanity battles the mechanical armies of a murderous artificial intelligence known as Legion, rather than the forces of SkyNet.
- Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance on Steam
- Slitherine - official website