Warner Bros. Games and NetherRealm Studios have released a brutal launch trailer for Mortal Kombat 1 - it provides the first look on Reiko. Starting tomorrow, i.e. September 14, the game in question will be available to check out in early access. Its official release, on the other hand, will take place on September 19.
Mortal Kombat 1 is heading for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch. At launch, the title will not offer crossplay features.
It is worth noting that developers also shared details on the implemented accessibility options. Their full list (in English) can be found here.
- Mortal Kombat 1 takes players to a reborn universe that was created by the God of Fire, Liu Kang. In this new reality, familiar characters must choose whether to join forces or stand agains each other. Nonetheless, certain values remain constant, among them the desire to fight.
- The mainstay of Mortal Kombat 1 are the duels played in a variety of arenas. Each of the heroes is characterized by an individual style and a set of moves and combos, which may prove to be the key to victory. The discussed item introduces a new combat system and fatalities.
- The latest installment of the series sees the return of well-known characters such as Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Mileena and Scorpion. However, to give the game a fresh look, the developers decided to make some modifications to the character designs. Although the characters are recognizable, they are different from their versions from earlier games.
- A new feature in Mortal Kombat 1 are the so-called Kameo Fighters - partner characters that support the main fighter during combat, offering expanded tactical options. Selection of such a character is made from a separate list of available fighters.
- Mortal Kombat 1 - official website