Rare has revealed the first details about the upcoming tenth season of Sea of Thieves, the popular pirate-themed online game.
- Season 10 will launch on October 19.
- With the start of the new season, a new element will be introduced to the game in the form of Guilds, which will enable the players to create their own organizations of up to 24 members. Their members will be able to sail on other players' ships even when they are offline, working together to increase the guild's reputation and unlock new rewards.
- There will also be a new type of event - the competition for the Skull of the Siren's Song. This is to be a unique quest in which all crews on the server will compete against each other in a race for an ancient artifact.
- For players who are not interested in battling other crews, the developers will introduce Safer Seas mode. In it, players will be able to sail alone or with selected companions in a private session.. This is an option that has long been requested by many people. However, it is worth noting some limitations: less risk means less rewards, and the full range of game option will be available only in the classic shared world mode, which will be named High Seas.
It's worth recalling that before Season 10 kicks off, there are a few more highlights waiting for the players. On September 28, the final chapter of Sea of Thieves: The Legend of Monkey Island will be released. Shortly after that, on September 30, the Community Weekend, a 48-hour period of fresh challenges and free items, will begin.
- Sea of Thieves - official website
- Sea of Thieves game review
- Sea of Thieves - game guide