It turns out that we didn't have to wait long for more details. The first trailer of The Walking Dead: Destinies has just hit the web, and the game has been officially announced, with the leak below confirmed to the letter.
Earlier this year, the gaming media was abuzz with the news that the U.S. patent office had received an application to register a trademark for The Walking Dead: Destinies. In the case of this mysterious project, we only knew that it was a video game. Meanwhile, a popular industry insider billbil_kun has dug up more details about the production.
- Information found by the leaker suggests that we will be dealing with a third-person action adventure game, the story of which will focus on the events known from the first 4 seasons of The Walking Dead. The difference from the TV original is to be that players will have a significant impact on the course of the story, which they will shape with their decisions.
- The main character of the game is to be Rick Grimes, one of the central characters of the AMC's show. The protagonist awakened from a coma will try to find himself again in a dangerous world overrun by hordes of bloodthirsty zombies.
- In the course of the game, players will visit Atlanta, the Greene family farm, the prison and Woodbury, among other places.
- In The Walking Dead: Destinies there will be no shortage of battles, during which we will use various types of weapons (including revolvers, katanas, rifles).
- The upcoming game will also emphasize the economic layer. We will have to manage resources, collect raw materials and expand the camp.
- It is worth mentioning that in addition to Grimes, the game will feature 15 other characters known from the episodic production. Among them will be Shane, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, Lori, T-Dog, and the Governor, among others.
- The game is scheduled for release on November 14, this year. The title will return to both PCs and PS4, PS5, XOne, XSX/S and Switch consoles.
- According to billbil_kun's information The Walking Dead: Destinies will be priced at $49.99..
Although information about the developers of the game is shrouded in mystery, GameMill Entertainment is to be responsible for its publication. The company has been on the market for more than twenty years. In its portfolio it has accumulated small productions such as Nickelodeon Kart Racers or Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues.. In the coming months, it will publish DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing and Avatar: The Last Airbender - Quest for Balance.
More details on The Walking Dead: Destinies (and its developers) are expected to be announced at the upcoming gamescom trade show.
- GameMill Entertainment - official website