Open beta of XDefiant, the new online shooter from Ubisoft, will launch in a few hours.
- The tests will be open to owners of PCs as well as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles.
- You will be able to download the console editions from PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store, while the PC version will be available on Ubisoft Store.
- This stage of testing will be short - it will only last until June 23.
Recall that XDefiant will use a free-to-play model with microtransactions. The release is expected this summer.
The recent closed beta was warmly received. Compared to it, the version available for open testing will offer many improvements. One of them is the option to play at 120 frames per second, also on consoles (as long as you have a TV that supports 120hz). However, this feature will be disabled by default, and if you want to test it, you will need to manually activate it in the menu.
- Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 versions are expected to run at 120 fps at 4K resolution.
- On the Xbox Series X, on the other hand, we will be playing at 120 fps at 1440p.
Finally, it is worth recalling that the game was originally called Tom Clancy's XDefiant, but eventually the developers decided to drop the name of the famous writer. Such a move enables the developers to draw from all Ubisot brands. Therefore, among the playable factions in addition to the Phantoms from Ghost Recon, Echelon from Splinter Cell and the Cleaners from The Division, we get Libertad from Far Cry 6 and DedSec from Watch Dogs.
- XDefiant - official website
- Ubisoft - official website