This guide to The Quarry completely breaks down the entire production. With it, everyone will find their way around this title, regardless of whether or not they have played this type of games. We provide solutions to all quests, explanations on how the choices work, and how many endings there are in the game. In addition, we have described all the important mechanics and secrets, so this guide can help you get all the available achievements.
- The Quarry: Contents of the guide
- The Quarry: Quick beginner's guide
- The Quarry: All missions, waltkhrough
- The Quarry: Secrets and collectibles
- The Quarry: Possible hero deaths
- The Quarry: The Basics
- The Quarry: FAQ
- The Quarry: Game length
- The Quarry: Minimum PC system requirements
The Quarry: Contents of the guide
The guide to The Quarry opens with an explanation of the basics of the game. There, you will find pages describing all the important mechanics and rules that govern the entire production. An important part of this chapter is the beginner's tips that should be valuable to anyone new in the game.
The second chapter of our guide is a FAQ - a collection of answers to all the important questions that you may have while playing The Quarry. There, you will find a lot of information that will make your experience more convenient. Among other things, you will learn how many possible endings there are and how choices are telegraphed.
The next chapter is a complete walkthrough of The Quarry. We have precisely described one way of going through all the quests available in the game. This will help you get to the subsequent parts of the storyline without any problems. Due to the nature of the game, including possible deaths of characters and the multitude of choices, you should take into account that some changes may occur, for example, you can get to a scene with a different hero than will be shown in this guide. However, the tasks that need to be completed will always be the same and we will focus on them in the walkthrough.
The fourth chapter of this guide is a collection of information about the possible deaths in the game. From these pages, you will find out who may die at any given time. This information can come in handy in normal gameplay as well as when maxing out all the achievements of The Quarry.
The next part of the guide to The Quarry contains a list of secrets and collectibles along with the exact location of each such object. Remember that collectibles in this game are clues that can, for example, save someone's life. The guide will enable you to find the tarot cards, proofs, and clues about the Freakshow Fire, the Hackett family, and camp.
The next part of the guide is an appendix where you will find information regarding accessibility, game editions, hardware requirements, controls, achievements and information about the length of this production, among other things.
Remember, the story unfolding in The Quarry entirely dependends on your choices. In our guide, you will find a suggested path along the various choices. We have highlighted all the choices that introduce changes in the game, and shown their consequences.
It's also worth noting that your decisions affect the characters' relationships. These vary depending on your actions, so we do not describe the dialogues. The only expection are conversations that can be considered unintuitive and yet are necessary to push the plot forward.
The Quarry: Quick beginner's guide
- Focus on choices - The Quarry is a game of choices and they are the most important part of the experience. They lead you to further parts of the story, new puzzles to solve, and other characters to meet. They are the engine of the entire game and you learn about the plot through them. You should give them enough attention so you don't miss any important details.
- Test the possibilities - The Quarry has over 180 permutations of the ending. We encourage you to play around, test them, check all possible dialogues and act on your own ideas and hunches. Each ending is special in its own way, and the game cannot be lost in any way.
- Don't be afraid of dying - death in The Quarry is as sure as the Sun. Some heroes must die so that others may live. Don't be afraid to sacrifice one for the others; it will affect the storyline and can advance it in interesting directions.
- Look around carefully - the game world is filled with interesting content. In various places, you can find collectibles, secrets, or clues. These can make the game easier for you or save the lives of your heroes.
You can find more starting tips on the Beginners Guide page.
The Quarry: All missions, waltkhrough
- Prologue - on this page of the guide, you will learn what you have to do in the prologue and what situations you can skip. You will meet Laura, Max and Sheriff Travis, and see many disturbing occurrences.
- Chapter 1 - this page of the guide describes all the tasks you have to complete in chapter 1. You will meet the other characters and play as Jacob, Abigail, Ryan and Dylan.
- Chapter 2 - here you will learn about all the tasks and opportunities that await you in the 2nd chapter of The Quarry. You will play as Emma, Dylan, Nick, Ryan, and Kaitlyn.
- Chapter 3 - learn what you have to do in chapter 3 and what situations you can skip. You will play as Jacob, Abigail, Nick and Ryan.
- Chapter 4 - this page of the guide contains information about the tasks, collectibles, and possible junk in chapter 4. You will play as Emma, Dylan, and Ryan.
- Chapter 5 - here you will learn about all the tasks and opportunities that await you in the 5th chapter of The Quarry. You will play as Kaitlyn, Dylan and Nick.
- Chapter 6 - this page of the walkthrough focuses on the 6th chapter of the game. Here you will find information about tasks, deaths and collectibles. In this chapter you will play as Emma, Abigail, Ryan, Kaitlyn, and Jacob.
- Chapter 7 - on this page of the guide, we described the sequences happening in the detention centers, from Laura and Jacob's perspective.
- Chapter 8 - this page of the guide will take you through the quarry and the prison at the Hackett's house. In this chapter, you will play Laura, Ryan, and Kaitlyn.
- Chapter 9 - learn what you have to do in chapter 3 and what situations you can skip. You will play as Dylan, Abigail, Laura and Ryan.
- Chapter 10 - this page of the walkthrough describes the 10th chapter of the game. Here you will find information about tasks, deaths and collectibles. You will also find out what the endings look like.
The Quarry: Secrets and collectibles
- Tarot Collection - With this page for The Querry, you will find all tarot cards. Decked Out achievement is associated with the collectibles.
- Freakshow Fire - This page of the guide contains the list and locations of all the clues from the Freakshow Fire category.
- Hackett History - This page of the guide lists all the clues from the Hackett History category.
- Camp History - This page of the guide lists all the clues from the Camp History category.
- Evidence - you will find all the Evidence here. Conspiracy Theorist achievement is releated to this category of collectibles.
The Quarry: Possible hero deaths
- Abigail - this page of the guide lists all the possible places where Abigail can die.
- Jacob - this page of the guide lists the possible deaths that can happen to Jacob in The Quarry.
- Kaitlyn - this page of the guide lists all the possible places where Kaitlyn can lose her life.
- Emma - thanks to this page, you will find out when Emma can die.
- Nick - this page of the guide lists all the possible places where Abigail can die.
- Dylan - this page of the guide lists the possible deaths that can happen to Dylan in The Quarry.
- Ryan - thanks to this page, you will find out when Ryan can die.
- Laura - this page is a collection of information about Laura's possible deaths.
- Max - on this page, we have described all the possible deaths that can happen to Max during the game.
The Quarry: The Basics
- Saving the game - this page explains how the game is saved, whether it is possible to make a manual save, or to load a previously saved game state.
- Multiplayer - this page of the guide is a collection of tips about the multiplayer/co-op mode available in The Quarry.
- Demo - this page focuses on The Quarry's demo. There we provided information about the demo and mentioned the available editions of the game.
- All characters - on this page of the guide, you will find information about all the characters available in the game. You will learn what actors lent their voice and face and how important particular characters are to the plot.
The Quarry: FAQ
- Endings - how many are there? - This section of the guide explains how many endings there are in The Quarry and which actions affect them.
- Choices - how are they signaled? - We explain how in-game choices work and how they are telegraphed to players.
- The Dark Pictures Anthology - is The Quarry the next installment? - Here, you will find information about the connection between The Quarry and The Dark Pictures Anthology.
- Next-gen patch - is it free? - Here you will find out whether the next-gen patch to The Quarry costs any money.
- The gorefest option - how to enable it? - Here, you will find information about the special brutality mode. You will learn how to enable it and how it affects the game.
- Dialogues - can they be skipped? - This page of our guide will tell you if the cutscenes and dialogues in The Quarry can be skipped.
- Saving a dead character - is it possible? - on this page, we have written how to rescue a character who has died through carelessness or bad decisions.
- Best ending - how to get it? - thanks to this page of our guide, you will learn what decisions you have to make for everyone to survive. You can also read about the Rough Night achievement.
- Nick - how to save him? - this page contains information about how Nick can die and what to do to save him.
- Chapters - how many are there? - on this page, we have described how many chapters are in the game and which achievements they unlock.
- Monsters - what kind of monsters are in the game? - thanks to this page of The Quarry guide, you will learn what monsters appear in the game and how to defeat them.
The Quarry: Game length
The Quarry is a game that can be completed in about 8 hours. It all comes down to your skills and choices.
More about the game's length can be found on the page: Game length.
The Quarry: Minimum PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4 GHz/AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780/Radeon RX 470
- Disk space: 50 GB
- GPU memory: 3 GB
You can find more about the system specs on the page System Requirements and Disk Space.
About The Quarry Guide, Walkthrough
Author : Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
The Quarry Video Game
- genre: Adventure
- developer: Supermassive Games
- publisher: 2K Games
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, PS5, XSX