Report problems with download to [email protected]
Description (in authorís own words):
If used online, this mod can ban you. Please do not use this mod on any account you care about. Bans are now permanent.
This mod no longer uses cheat engine, in an attempt to make it more user friendly and stable, I have rewritten it and moved it over to a .dll file.
This mod will randomise almost every item in the game, both items found throughout the game and items dropped from enemies. I was inspired to make this mod by the previous Dark Souls games having randomiser mods for them and saw how much more variety and replay-ability they add to the game.
There is also an optional script which will automatically equip weapons, armour and rings as soon as you pick them up, in their appropriate slots.
The source code can be found here.
If you enjoy my mods, and you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee here.
This is the main part of this mod. Unlike other randomisers in the previous souls games, this one will draw from a pool of every item in the game -- Regardless of whether it can be found normally or not. Note that there are a few key items in the game that are not randomised.
Once you get an item, the item will be removed from the pool and you won't be able to get it again, note there are more than 1 of certain items (such as embers and resins); Progress is saved every 5 seconds automatically.
Weapons have a chance to be normal, infused, reinforced or both with this randomiser. The way this works is you cannot get a reinforcement level higher than your maximum, for example if you've only had a +4 weapon normal weapon as your highest upgrade, you can get anywhere from +0 to +4 weapons from drops.
There are 1600 items on the list - when this is exhausted the mod will default to a random pool of any item in the game.
- Randomising estus and undead bone shards is toggled ON by default, if you do not want this, set the "RandomiseHeals" option in the .ini file to false.
- Randomising key items is toggled OFF by default, if you do not want this, set the "RandomiseKeys " option in the .ini file to true.
This part of the mod is optional it will, as it's name suggests, automatically equip any armour, rings and weapons that you find.
This part of the mod was kept separate because not everyone will want to use it, it adds more a significant challenge to the whole game as you have to adapt to your current equipment. There is also a script to remove all requirements from all weapons should you wish to use it.
For rings, the ring you've had on for the longest will be replaced by any new ones you pick up.
- Auto-equip is toggled ON by default, if you do not wish you use it, set the "AutoEquipToggle" option in the .ini file to false.
- No weapon requirements is toggled OFF by default, if you do wish you use it, set the "NoWeaponRequirements" option in the .ini file to true.
- Locking equipment slots is toggled OFF by default, if you do wish you use it, set the "LockEquipSlots" option in the .ini file to true.
Q) Does it save my progress?
A) Yes, every couple of seconds (With "AutoSave" set to true in the .ini file)
Q) Does this mod work with pirated/old versions of the game?
A) No, these have different memory structures to up-to-date, legitimate copies of the game and the mod won't work properly. If you are worried about soft-bans on your main account then I suggest that you play on an alternate, family-shared steam account.
Q) Can I use the auto-equip script on its own?
A) No. It relies of components of the randomiser script.
Q) What isn't randomised?
A) By default, key items needed to progress are not randomised, unless you set the "RandomiseKeys" option in the .ini file)
Q) Does this mod work with *insert mod name here*?
A) As long as the other mods don't use DINPUT8.dll, it should be fine.
Q) I have a question not listed here/ have identified a soft-lock problem!
A) I am happy to answer any questions and will happily fix softlock problems that are reported, send me a message or make a bug report about it.
Q) I have a suggestion for the randomiser.
A) Make a post or send me a message, I'll look into it to see if it's possible and let you know, thanks!
1) Download and extract the .zip from this page.
2) Move the contents of the folder into your DS3 game directory (where DarkSoulsIII.exe is located), this should consist of:
3) Run AoBRandomiser.exe, and generate a seed, this should make a .txt file containing the seed.
4) Launch the game, you should get a prompt on load to confirm that the randomiser is active, you must press "OK" for the randomiser to activate.
Below is an example of where the files should be:
To remove the mod, just delete the "DINPUT8.dll" file from your DarkSoulsIII.exe directory.
Minhook - https://github.com/TsudaKageyu/minhook?
INIReader - https://github.com/benhoyt/inih
- Last update: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Genre: RPG
- File size: 143.4 KB