This guide to Forspoken is a small compendium of basic knowledge about this TPP action game with RPG elements. Detailed information and advice contained in our guide will help you learn important game mechanics, teach you the basics of combat and survival, and develop your character.
- Forspoken: Guide content
- Forspoken: Quick beginner's guide
- Forspoken: Basics
- Forspoken: FAQ
- Forspoken: Trophies and platinum
- Forspoken: System requirements
- Forspoken: Game length
- Forspoken: Game editions
- Forspoken: Language versions
Forspoken: Guide content
The first chapter of this guide focuses on the basics of Forspoken and the development of the main character, Alfre. You will learn, e.g. how to develop the character, how to level up and how to learn new spells. In this chapter we list some of the best starting skills. The second chapter of our Forspoken guide is an FAQ with answers to the most frequently asked questions. On separate pages we explain how to uncover the map of Athia, how to get Old Coins and where to use them, as well as how to complete Spellcraft Challenges.
Our Forspoken guide ends with the appendix, where you will find, e.g. a list of controls, how long it takes to beat Forspoken, as well as information about the language versions.
Forspoken: Quick beginner's guide
- Scan the environment: the main character of Forspoken can use Cuff Scan to mark nearby interactive objects and enemies. Use this ability to have a better orientation.
- Enemies' invulnerability: some enemies will be immune to a certain type of magic. As soon as you notice that the enemy is resisting attacks, change the type of magic.
- Mana Nodes: In various parts of the world of Athia, you will find short pillars of white light rising from the ground. When you notice them, get off the path and collect Mana points, which are required for developing the heroine's skills.
- Autoloot: Forspoken has the option for autolooting. Enabling it means you no longer have to manually pick up items or crafting ingredients - all you have to do is to run right over them and Frey will collect them automatically.
- The Bellfries: As you explore the world map of Forspoken, keep an eye out for the tall golden-colored towers. You can use them to scan a nearby area and discover additional activities.
You can find more tips and hints on a separate page of the guide: Beginner's guide.
- Character development: this page explains how to develop your playable character in Forspoken - how to learn new spells, gather mana, increase Frey's stamina and stats.
- Best starting skills: this page lists our most recommended skills from two magic schools - Frey's Magic and Sila's Magic.
- How to uncover the world map?: this page explains how to uncover the world map in Forspoken. You will learn how to discover new places and secrets, as well as how to get rid of the fog obscuring Athia.
- How to get Old Coins?: this page explains how to get and where to exchange one of the main currencies of Forspoken.
- How to complete Spellcraft Challenges?: this page explains how to complete Spellcraft Challenges, which allow you to enhance Frey's abilities.
Forspoken: Trophies and platinum
Forspoken features a total of 54 trophies (including the platinum trophy on the PS5). Our trophy guide lists the guidelines for all achievements and explains how to unlock them.
You'll find more information on the Trophy list page.
Forspoken: System requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz/AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz.
- Graphics card: 6GB GeForce GTX 1060/8GB Radeon RX 5500 XT or better.
- DirectX: Version 12.
- RAM: 16GB.
- Disk space: 150 GB HDD.
- Operating system: Windows 10/11 64-bits.
For more information, including the recommended PC system requirements for Forspoken, check out the System requirements page.
Forspoken: Game length
It should take you several hours to complete Forspoken for the first time. Of course, it all depends on whether, in addition to completing the main quests, you will also explore the world of Forspoken and whether you will spend some time on side quests.
More information available here: Game length.
Forspoken: Game editions
At the time of writing this guide, Forspoken is available in two versions:
- Standard Edition;
- Digital Deluxe Edition;
We described them in detail on a separate page of the guide: Game editions.
Forspoken: Language versions
Forspoken has dubbing in four languages, and subtitles in fourteen.
You can read more about them on a separate page of the guide: Language versions.
About Forspoken Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Forspoken Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Luminous Productions
- publisher: Square Enix
- platform: PC, PS5
More About Forspoken
Among the best announced RPGs, above all stand out new IPs and games that no one had heard of a year ago. The genre is slowly evolving, but rest assured - there will be a few familiar faces for old-timers, too.
2022 was quite an exciting year, despite many hitches, and we can't wait to see what 2023 holds for us. January isn't going to spoil us with big releases, but it will be a nice warmup before the first major games start appearing.