Anno 1503: Gold Edition Release Date PC
Anno 1503: Gold Edition is a set of two products of the German group Sunflowers Interactive. The package consisted of the basic version of Anno 1503 strategy: The New World and an appendix entitled Treasures, Monsters and Pirates, respectively.
Anno 1503: The New World is a sequel to the famous RTS Anno 1602, combining simulation of city building with colonization, diplomacy, production, trade and combat. The game has much more extensive options and capabilities than its predecessor, providing the audience with a ten times larger, detailed, 16th-century world. For the enthusiasts of the series, many challenges have been prepared again: discovering new territories, settlement, establishing towns and villages, meeting all basic needs of the inhabitants, establishing trade routes, maintaining good relations with neighbours and defending the whole territory, both on land and at sea. The whole game was made in full 3D, with the ability to rotate and zoom in on the view, and the atmospheric and detailed animations created a realistic picture of life in the Renaissance era. Here are some of the improvements contained in Anno 1503:
- 250 types of buildings and farms transferred directly from the 16th century, including tobacco plantations, observation towers and cannon foundries.
- Improved artificial computer intelligence, especially in the aspects of trade, diplomacy and combat.
- Each of the computer players has individual characteristics and a different style of play.
- Increased possibilities of interaction with natives compared to the previous part.
- A redesigned combat system that offers new possibilities for the application of war strategies.
- Multiple game modes - single screenplays, campaign, "endless game" and multiplayer option.
Treasures, Monsters and Pirates is the official addition to Anno 1503: The New World, which all fans of the original have to offer both completely new challenges and the development of old ideas. The most important factor influencing the power of enlargement are the three possibilities of continuing the game and the twelve different levels of difficulty missions for a single player. In addition, the authors have implemented in their work a premiere battle script, which plays the role of a tutorial. The extension also includes several smaller but equally important improvements for the Anno 1503 veterans:
- Possibility of murdering enemy ships.
- Transparent screen with statistics, which shows in detail the economic status of cities.
- Development of graphic elements: new decorative parks and gardens, ten house designs and premiere animals, e.g. bears and gorillas.
- More opponents, including spiders and crocodiles.
- Improved possibilities of building construction, e.g. creation of warehouses of any size.
Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions regarding this description
Last updated on 10 December 2007
Game mode: single player
Media type: 1 DVD
User score: 8,2 / 10 based on 136 votes.
Age restrictions Anno 1503: Gold Edition: Good for all ages.
Anno 1503: Gold Edition System requirements
PC / Windows
- Pentium II 500 MHz
- 128 MB RAM
- graphic card 16 MB
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP