game language: English
game release date for PC:
4000 years ago in the Cradle of Civilization, mighty Empires fought for water, resources and the arable land in the Fertile Crescent. Play the Egyptians in chariots of war, Babylonians in bronze armour, screaming Nubian warriors, and the Assyrians behind their walls of stone. Develop your country by producing commodities and sell them to your neighbours. Raise glorious armies and wage wars of conquest. Roll over the plains in the childhood of Mankind with your Chariots of War!
Chariots of War is a PC strategy game that focuses on empire building and resource management, yet also allows you to view the battles your men fight. The series of games has been called Civilization with battles by the press and its a description we're more than happy to live with!
• High resolution 1024x768 graphics engine that brings the ancient world to life.
• Play one of 58 different nations on a large & beautiful grand campaign map covering the whole Middle East including 164 cities and 80 minor settlements. There are 10 types of nations each with their own unique units. Smaller campaigns are also included for gamers who wants a shorter game.
• Build hundreds of buildings and city improvements, and collect 9 different resources such as Myrrh, Gems and Horses.
• Put your General in command of your army fighting real-time battles under the fog of war
• A Random event system that depicts the Era in colourful detail, recreating historical phenomena such as Earth-quakes, Floods and Locust plagues.
• The Happiness and welfare of the inhabitants of your cities will depend on overpopulation, recruitment levels, garrisons and food, and by developing temples, entertainment and other buildings you keep revolution at bay
• Advances will increase the development of your tribe.
• Recruit units from nearly thirty different troop types for you invincible armies
• Barbarian tribes will roam the land, attacking anything they encounter.
• Trade allows you to buy and sell the 9 resources. Different areas of the map have access to different resources so trade is key.
• Diplomats can be sent out to gather information. You can eject enemy diplomats in a number of gory ways.
Game score 8.2 / 10 calculated out of 138 players' votes.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Processor Pentium III 500 MHz, 64 MB RAM, 8 MB graphic card