developer: Volition Inc.
publisher: Interplay Entertainment
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1 - 8
game language: English
game release date for PC:
32 years after events of Freespace the federation of old enemies, Terran and Vasudan, once again encounters the militant race of Shivan and faces the threat of extinction. Freespace 2 for PC is an arcade space flight simulator, and, by the way, one of the most outstanding representatives of this genre.
We fly space fighters and bombers on a series of missions, whose plot often provides material for a decent science-fiction novel. The missions contribute to an epic campaign, in which the result of the previous mission affects the next one. Thanks to the game's impressive visuals, the battles of huge fleets sometimes make us want to just sit in the cockpit and watch the struggle of powerful star cruisers, and great music we often finish the game thinking “I want more of that!”
- Over 30 missions in single player mode, allowing you to fly as Vasudan pilot and control invisible fighters.
- Epic story, allowing you to completely empathize with the role of a star pilot.
- Ability to give orders to your subordinates, for example defend, disarm, or immobilize enemy machines.
- Tracking and eliminating enemy units' subsystems (turrets' engines, rocket launchers).
- Space battles that resemble World War II aerial dogfight.
- Over 70 types of spaceships, including powerful, several kilometers long, battleships.
- Intuitive and easy to use interface ensures effortless fun.
- Possibility of playing via network and Internet.
- FRED 2 – new and improved mission editor.
Game score 8.9 / 10 calculated out of 1786 players' votes.
PC / Windows
- Pentium II 266MHz
- 64MB RAM
- graphic card + wykorzystuje joystick